CHAPTER 44 - Rivalry...?

"You too," you smiled back with a slight blush before closing your room door after you.

Camilo turned around, also planning to start heading to sleep. He was met with Malachi coming out of the dining room. He pinned his gaze on the boy, narrowing his eyes a bit. After all, he saw how Malachi was constantly looking at you and trying to capture your attention during the dinner. "Can I help you?" he asked politely, walking away from your door and closer to the boy.

Malachi shrugged, pocketing his hands casually. "I'm just looking for Y/n."

"She went to sleep," Camilo informed, his gaze not faltering.

"Pity," Malachi frowned. "She's nice to talk to."

Camilo's features softened a bit, thinking about it - about you. "Yeah..."

Malachi examined Camilo's appearance a bit. "You like her," he stated, without a doubt in his voice.

Camilo's eyes widened, a bit taken aback. "Wh- I mean- So what if I do?"

Malachi smiled a bit, going closer to Camilo so they could converse without having to talk too loudly. "I do too. But I don't think she likes me that way. So you should go for it, alright? Confess," Malachi encouraged, patting Camilo on the shoulder. "Make her happy." For both of us.

Determination came over Camilo's features as he gave a nod to the other boy. "I will."