ᴍᴀʀʏ ɪꜱ ꜱᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ꜰᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ɢ

"What?" Thomas tilted his head like a befuddled lap dog.

How did this woman know Thomas? Who was she?

"You know him?" I swallowed, trying to catch my breath. The Doctor shifted her gaze onto me, still guarding Brenda warily. She let out a gasp.

"Oh my-" Her fingers covered her lips, eyebrows raised and curved. "Oh my goodness...y/n?"

"Yes?"

"Y/n is that you?"

"I can double-check but I think so."

"Why are you here? Why are you with them?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" My nose wrinkled, hands planted in the earth.

"I'm Mary." Parting the crowd, she hunkered down next to me, searching for something in our eye contact. "You don't know who I am?" After a quick shake of my head, Mary was struck by a sickening realization. "Oh dear, she put you in there too, didn't she?"

"Where exactly?"

"The maze."

"Yes, yeah, I came from the maze."

"You poor poor girl," Mary spoke with turned-up brows, voice thick with sympathy. "Ava Paige is a very sick woman." She reached for my forehead, tracing her fingers over the top of my skin. "She stole away your mind." Strange as this woman was, there was something familiar about her touch. My chest grew warm, my body falling relaxed.

"Remind me of who you are again," I mumbled, comforted by her presence.

"I'm a doctor that used to work for Wicked," Mary explained, standing back up. "Putting a long story short, I was close with you before the memory wipe." She continued, gesturing toward Thomas. "It makes sense they put him in the maze. You, not so much." She leaned back over to Brenda, taking her wrist from me. "Though I must admit Thomas, I was worried they'd kill you after what you did."

Newt grabbed one of my arms, pulling me up alongside the others.

"What I did?"

"The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore..." Mary divulged, checking Brenda's pulse. "Watching your friends die, one by one. The last time we spoke...you gave me the coordinates of every Wicked compound, trial, and lab."

"He was our source." Muttered Vince, his perception of Thomas visually altering.

"We couldn't have pulled all this off without him." She bestowed him a faraway look before ordering. "Take her to the tent. Get these guys some warm clothes." A man volunteered to help Jorge lift Brenda up, a little clumsily at first but after straightening their arms they were fine. "Careful." Mary watched her being taken to the tent, patting Thomas's back. "Hey, it's the least we can do. Thomas, come on. I need to get some blood from you."

"Tommy's a hero, again." Newt lingered his stare on the boy, watching him disappear in the tent.

"That's no surprise." I remarked, curious fingers slipping underneath my shirt. A moist bandage greeted my hand. "Oh shit."

"What is it?" Jeff spoke up out of the blue.

"My bandage, it needs new dressing. Uh, here, I'll go over to the medical tent and see if they can patch me up. I'll be fine." Walking backward, I turned away from my friends, toward the canvas hut.

After inching past Teresa, who seemed to stay stagnant at the tent's entrance, I stumbled on a conversation between Mary and Thomas, Jorge was sat on a stray chair, watching over Brenda. I parked myself next to Thomas on the other cot, listening dilegently.