You Are The Best

The more Maddy thought about the situation, while crying into Lexi's shoulders, the more she saw red. Nathaniel Jacobs was a major cunt. Hurting her was one thing, but hurting her chosen family was another. Cassie had been through a lot, and she wasn't the smartest when it came to boys. Maddy had been there for her every heart break at a time.

She had recently broken up with McKay and Nate took advantage of that. Maddy should be mad at her but she pitied for her and Cassie said she was sorry. As a good friend, she refused to allow Cassie to get manipulated by Nate. She was going to annihilate him. She was going to make sure he paid, starting with the disk she stole.

She realized he would come looking for it, evidence that could land his father in jail. Something that could ruin him. However, she knew it could ruin Jules too. Which is why she was going to pay Jules a visit. She was going to gather a possible ally to take down the Jacobs family.

If Jules chose to stay out of it she would understand. Maddy needed Nate out of there before she straight up got violent. "Get rid of him, I don't want to see him. Get him out of here. Get all of them out," she sobbed into Lexi's shoulder.

Lexi rubbed her back, "it's ok Mads." "I don't want them here, get them out. I'll be fine alone just send them home. Tell them I need to focus on Cas." Lexi nodded while walking downstairs.

BB, Kat, and Nate were sitting down in the living room. They were sitting in silence, waiting to see the birthday girl. Instead they saw Alexandra Howard walking towards them. "Maddy's sending you guys home. She appreciates y'all being here for her birthday but she wants to focus on helping Cassie."

The three got up and made their way to the door. Nate and BB instantly left but Kat stayed back. "Cassie was apologizing for more than just the spitting up, huh?" "Look Maddy will explain everything when she's ready. For now, just go home Kat."

Kat nodded, disappointed, before moving towards her car. She wanted to help Maddy like Maddy helped her earlier. Especially since she didn't trust or like Cassie, there was something about that girl. Lexi sighed before she headed upstairs. Cassie was now in a new pair of clothes but she was still just as drunk.

"Maddy, please talk to me," Cassie's tears were now dried up her eyes still red and poofy. Cassie didn't know how to approach her. Maddy softly smiled at her best friend, her eyes also swollen. "I'm fine, we need to get you in bed. You need to sleep off the drunkness.

Maddy pulled Cassie into a hug while guiding her into her room. "You aren't fine, you are just being nice to me. After everything, you are being nice. I don't deserve it." Maddy held Cassie into bed.

"We can talk about this later, when you have a clear mind."
Maddy slipped into the covers too, she held Cassie's head on her chest. Lexi watched the interaction, Maddy was a strong girl. She decided to go to Maddy's house for a change of clothes. She let her mom, who was dozing off, know.

Downstairs she grabbed Maddy's bag to grab her house keys. As she was heading out she received a text. It was from Fez.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Fez 🥹🫰🏽

Hey

Just wanting to check up on you

You's good?

I'm good

Maddy isn't

Damn on her birthday :/

Hope she feels better

She's sleeping over, so I'm going to
get a night bag prepared for her

Do you need a ride?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Lexi technically didn't need a ride, she could take her mom's car or Maddy's. However, she wanted to spend time with him so she texted him back.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Fez 🥹🫰🏽

Only if it's not a bother 🥺

Of course not shawty 😉

I'll be there in a little

And we can also grab some ice
cream to cheer her up

Thank you 🥰

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Lexi smiled down at her phone while waiting on the curb. Lately Fez has been calling her shawty. She normally dislikes the nickname, thought it was forced and cringey. That, along with players using it to catcall their next victims. Lexi had no interest in the nickname or those who used it.

However with Fez it was different, it flipped her stomach upside down. She felt overjoyed and she didn't even know what the word meant. The fact that she didn't know made her so much more interested in the meaning. Late at night, she searched it up. She found out it was largely used when referring to a young attractive woman in the 1990s.

Attractive, he thought she was attractive. That flooded her mind with many thoughts.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Lexi smiled up at Fezco, he was sitting in his car smiling. "You're the best, thank you for coming." Fez had one hand on the steering wheel and all Lexi could think about was 'he's so hot'. "It's my pleasure, shawty." Lexi felt blush creep up her cheeks.

"Yo," he said snapping her out of her thoughts. She hummed in response. "Don't feel pressured to having breakfast, I get it if Maddy isn't feeling up for it." Lexi glanced at his face and then at his hand resting on the center console. "Thank you," she responded with a soft smile.

There was a silence after that, which made Lexi uncomfortable. "Fez," she started. They were at a red light so he took the opportunity to look at her. She swollen her nerves and decided to be confident. "I- I was wondering," she was interrupted by the car behind them beeping.

"Shit," Fez whispered in annoyance while continuing to drive. "You were saying shawty?" Lexi sighed while glancing down at her lap, "it was nothing really." "You tripping, everything you say is important." "Right," Lexi scoffed while rolling her eyes.

"It's important to me, Lexi Howard." They approached the Perez residence so Fez parked. Lexi smiled shyly up at him while tucking her hair behind her ear. "Don't do that, shawty." "Do what," Lexi questioned while looking up at him with her innocent brown eyes.

"You know that face where you have no clue what goin' on and you tuck your hair behind your ear, looking up through your lashes. It's mad distracting. All I can think about is-," he paused while looking at her like he fucked up.