Who Is This?

Little Lexi Howard, the shy nerdy girl that would come over every once in a while, was about to kiss a boy?! Every time she would eavesdrop on the girls, she would hear them all talk about boys. Well, all except Lexi. To be honest Sonia had thought maybe Lexi was into girls, Rue and her were attached at the hip. Or maybe she was asexual because the girl didn't seem to care about that.

She always had her nose stuck in a book or head behind a computer. It reminded Sonia of her older sister, Saraí. But now she was in a car alone with a boy at midnight. Who was this guy? How did they meet?

Did she really see the two almost kiss? Sonia wasn't too tired to figure this out. This was exciting for not only her, but Suze too. Suze had talked about Lexi and the lack of boys surrounding. The two teens were just frozen in place.

Sonia knocked once more and signaled for Lexi to roll down the window. She watched as Lexi's pink face turned red as she did what was told. The boy behind her had an awkward smile on his face. He was a handsome man, blue eyes, freckles across his face, pale skin, dopey ears. Sonia just had to find out more.

This was so exciting for him. Sonia was standing there with her arms crossed and an amused look on her face. "Hello Ms. Perez," she greeted awkwardly. Maddy's mom had caught her almost kissing Fezco. Fezco stared at the lady in front of them.

This was Maddy's mom? 'They do be looking alike. Same attitude and shit,' he thought. "What brings you to my house at midnight? Especially with a boy during my daughter's birthday party." Lexi cleared her throat awkwardly.

The explanation needed to be enough for her to not bring it up to her mother, Suze. The two didn't see each other often, but they would gossip every chance they got. "Well, something happened and Maddy is sleeping over. I came to pack her a bag and Fezco drove me here." "And who is this Fezco guy?"

"Oh, well," Lexi started. "I'm Fezco O'Neill, nice to meeting you ma'am," he said while leaning towards Lexi to stick his hand to greet Sonia. She shook it in response. "O'Neill? As in Marie O'Neill?"

"Yeah, ma grandma. You know her?" Sonia tried to keep her composure together. Lexi was friends, maybe more than, with someone relate to Marie O'Neill? Marie O'Neill was a drug dealer.

She also shot her son-in-law's balls off when she found out he was hitting her grandson. On top of that, no one knew what happened to her daughter. Katherine O'Neill, or Kitty, was her one and only daughter. Marie was convinced it had to do with her in law. If this was the case, then Fezco was probably in that business.

"Not much. I used to go to school with your mother." "My mother?" "Yeah, I'm guessing Katherine was your mother. Marie O'Neill only had one kid, and she was always around."

Fez didn't remember much about his mother. His childhood was so full of darkness that he would forget the light memories. There was an awkward silence. "I haven't seen her around, is she ok?" Fez cleared his throat.

He didn't want to talk about it. Fezco didn't want to drag his situation onto Lexi. He also knew he couldn't say the reason his grandmother was still in a coma. Their occupation made it impossible for him to call the cops to get help, he couldn't keep her in a hospital and risk enemies coming for her. He thought if Lexi knew, it might scare her off or cause her to want to help out and it wasn't her responsibility.

That would just drag her in further, he didn't want to wrap her in. Lexi watched as he got visibly uncomfortable. She was about to change the subject when he spoke up. "Fell into a coma and shit, it's been a rough few months but I'm sure she will recover." "Definitely, there is no one as strong as her."

"Thank you, appreciate it." Sonia smiled at the two as they sat in silence. "So are you two coming in or?"

Lexi looked up and held back her smile. This had to mean Sonia would drop the topic. It also meant she might be giving her approval. Ms Perez wasn't going to tell her mom anything. She opened the door and signaled for Fez to get off too.

Fez rushed off to try and Lexi out of the car but by the time he made it she was out. Lexi smiled and held Fezco's hand as they walked behind Sonia into the Perez household. Both blushing as red as a tomato. "If I'm honestly with you-," Sonia started as she turned to face the pair. They were both standing awkwardly while looking very red.

She shrugged it off, "I'm really tired, you know the way to Maddy's room. Can I have you get everything you need and lock the door on your way out?" "Of course, Ms Perez, rest up." "The sweetest," Sonia smiled while disappearing into the hall. Maddy's dad stumbled in from the kitchen.

"Alexis Howard, nice to see you again," he greeted drunkly. "Oh, it's actually Alexandra but they nicknamed me Lexi," she timidly responded. "Right, who's the boy next to you? You have a boyfriend?" He stumbled onto the couch, laying one hand on the sidearm.

Lexi felt her face heat up once more. They just weren't giving her a break. "Well I-. You see, umm. This is Fez-," she was interrupted by the sound of a large snore.

Lexi and Fez looked at each other bewildered. He was awake just a minute ago. How did he fall asleep so fast? "We should get going to Maddy's room, don't want to waste your time. You probably have better things to do."

"What you talkin' 'bout shawty? I love spending time with your cute ass."