ACE -- December 21st

I knew he was awake. I could feel him staring at me. It was something he had always done before when I'd sneak in to have him hold me. Never actually admitting that he had feelings but quietly always taking me in. If his mouth never said the words my ears wanted to hear...his body and composure around me let me know instead.

I laid there not moving. I liked that I still had a huge pull on him. Maybe me voicing my feelings didn't actually destroy things like I thought they had.

He moved his fingers lightly over my face. Pushing aside stray hairs that fell out of my braids overnight. He traced down my cheek...my neck. I stopped breathing. He trailed down my arm to my waist...touching skin that was exposed because my cropped tank had rode up during the night. That was intimate. New territory for both of us. He stopped for a second thinking. I knew. And then moved his fingers down a little more to the end of my shorts. I finally broke. "Hands Brighton."

"What?" Beau slowly slid his hand around to grip my ass, pulling me against him more. Good morning. "It wasn't like I didn't know you were faking." I finally opened my eyes to his award winning smile. God I wanted to kiss him.

I traced my fingers over his chest. His very muscular...very tattooed...very lickable chest. "Oh? Did you now?"

He moved his hand back up to my cheek. "Oh yes. I'm very highly trained in everything involving you." He winked.

"Hmm..." I scooted up the couch a little which pressed my body into his more than it already was and put my fingers thru his hair. I let my lips touch his gently then smiled. "Good morning." I couldn't tell you why I did it. Something had shifted between us last night, sure, but this was going to push him back over the opposite edge. I could blame it on being sleep deprived.

Beau's hand landed back on my ass. I could feel his breath hitch. "Aspen..."

And then my brother happened.