3

Obviously Gu Feidi couldn't hear the howl in Su Yang's heart.

He waited for a long time and seeing that Su Yang wasn't responding, he gritted his teeth, raised his hand and reached into the lapel of his clothes. He felt around, retrieved a small blood-stained purse and held it tightly in his grasp.

"Although everyone says the Devil—Young Hero Su is unpredictable..." Gu Feidi raised his eyes, staring unwaveringly at Su Yang's face and continued in a low voice, "...but he never reneges on his promises."

Su Yang: ???

...You—hang on a minute!

Since when did the Devil Sect's Young Saint, the main villain of the show, have such a fan-favored setting?

Gu Feidi, you moron! Not only are you randomly changing the script lines, you're even changing the characteristics of the show!

Gu Feidi was on the verge of insanity when confronting Su Yang, but deep down, he hadn't yet realised it, "If I give you the jade bell, you'll... let me go?"

"I won't!"

Su Yang blurted out, flabbergasted.

Gu Feidi's eyes dimmed again.

He clutched the purse and gave a wry smile: "To tell you the truth, I don't have the strength... to perform another True Hawk Sword technique ..."

As he spoke, his eyes closed slightly and he coughed softly twice. A little blood spattered from the corners of his mouth and he croaked out: "...just strike me."

"I..." Su Yang was tongue-tied, "No—you..."

Su Yang's heart seemed to beat like tens of thousands of galloping beasts but he had to maintain the outward persona of the Devil Sect's Young Saint. Even so, his whole being was on the verge of caving in.

He struggled for a while; his insides in chaos. Finally, he bit the bullet and resolved himself to finish reciting the lines of the script. He'd deal with the rest later.

Who knows after he finishes delivering his lines, this obnoxious, script-changing brat's reinforcements would arrive to take him away and prevent him from causing more trouble.

So Su Yang opened his mouth and rushed through his lines superfluously in one breath:

"It's-fine-if-you-don't-want-to-hand-over-the-jade-bell-as-a-matter-of-fact-I-don't-need-your-jade-bell-there-are-few-in-this-forest-who-can-defeat-me-furthermore-I-have-my-valet-at-my-side-I-just-can't-understand-your-type-of-Jianghu-righteous-stubborn-moral-integrity-character-as-if-the-whole-world-is-like-you-are-not-fearful-of-life-and-death-even-if-you-pass-the-Lesser-Jade-House's-assessment-and-obtain-their-legacy-and-knowledge-people-like-you-won't-amount-to-anything-in-the-Jianghu..."

Gu Feidi listened to Su Yang's verbal diarrhoea in silence. Suddenly, he coughed out a mouthful of blood.

He finally couldn't hold it anymore, his eyes closed tightly and his body, which was leaning on the tree trunk suddenly slid forward and collapsed into Su Yang's arms.

Su Yang: ...

...WTF! I really want to shout mamaipi* at the sky!

(*TN: mamaipi = from the Sichuan pronunciation of māmàibī [妈卖屄]; swear word, vulgar way of saying "your mom's a prostitute")

Seeing that his master had successfully knocked out Gu Feidi and was holding him in his arms, the Devil Sect flower aide immediately glided down from the tree and landed at Su Yang's side.

"Young Saint," he said began, "...when this subordinate explored the terrain earlier, I found a cave nearby, which is completely secluded. The cave has nine twists and turns, so no sound would be transmitted out. There is also a clear pool of water in the cave. If your lordship wishes... you can take Young Hero Gu there to do your business."