22

"Fan Er! You stop right now!"

"I won't!"

"Return my hairpin, otherwise, I will go to Li shijie to settle this!"

"Wintersweet flowers are so beautiful, why can't they be used to adorn your hair?"

" —You're horrible!"

Xu Yunzhan took a slow sip of hot tea, turned his head and looked up with a faint smile at the two people chasing each other using light footwork on the treetops outside the pavilion.

Gu Feidi who was sitting across from him, picked up the kettle from atop the small stove, poured tea into his cup and laughed: "In the past six months, Lingyun and Fan Xi have become more familiar with each other."

Xu Yunzhan said: "Lingyun is still like a child. Her temper isn't good. Although Fan Xi always provokes and gets her angry, Li shijie said that when it's time to be serious, he would always take care of Lingyun. In fact, Lingyun... if she really hates him, she probably wouldn't be quarreling with him like this."

Gu Feidi said: "She loves excitement and being lively. When you and I go into seclusion a lot, she can't find any playmates, so when she and Fan Xi are in the courtyard with Li shijie, they'll naturally become friendlier."

Xu Yunzhan paused with the cup in his hand and smiled: "You're not worried about Lingyun being friendly with that guy?"

Gu Feidi said, "Although the Qinglian Sect is both righteous and evil, Fan Xi is not a villain if he can enter Lesser Jade House. If Lingyun is friendly with him, there's nothing for me to worry about."

Xu Yunzhan sighed when he heard the words: "My aunt and uncle passed away too soon, leaving Lingyun alone. At the beginning, my mother advocated sending Lingyun to Tengyun Pavilion instead of staying in Qianfeng Villa. Bearing in mind that her physique is not suitable for practicing heavy swords, shouldn't you be able to more or less guess what the other motive is?"

Gu Feidi smiled: "If I can guess it, then I can guess it, but... I only see and treat her as my younger sister."

Xu Yunzhan also smiled: "I believe Lingyun also treats you as an older brother. She is at the age of having her first experience of love. If she likes you, she would look at you differently. However... after leaving Lesser Jade House, Lingyun's marriage cannot be delayed. If Leader Gu has that intention, I am afraid he will also advocate for her..."

Before he could finish speaking, he was interrupted by a figure in a goose-yellow outfit rushing in from outside the pavilion.

"It's infuriating me to death!"

Pu Lingyun had been chasing Fan Xi for a long while without success. She landed in the pavilion, grabbed the teacup in front of Xu Yunzhan, gulped it down and slammed the cup onto the table: "He snatched away my hairpin but biao ge and xiao shixiong won't help me either!"

Xu Yunzhan smiled: "You both practice nimble and dexterous techniques and your light footwork skills are much better compared to mine. How am I supposed to help you?"

Pu Lingyun turned her head angrily and looked at Gu Feidi, "What about xiao shixiong? Xiao shixiong has achieved great success in cultivating Restoration Scripture and your light footwork is much better than Fan Er's. Why won't you help me either!"

Gu Feidi glanced at Pu Lingyun and said, "Wintersweet flower, as a hair accessory is better than a hairpin. It complements your yellow outfit very well and also emits a delicate floral fragrance."

Pu Lingyun raged: "Xiao shixiong, you're actually speaking on that guy's behalf!"

Gu Feidi laughed, "If you're really dissatisfied with the spray of flowers, then take it off. How am I not supposed to know?"