27

New Year's Eve turned into the bustling Chinese New Year Festival. The holiday that prohibited seclusion would last until the fifteenth of the first lunar month before concluding.

Lesser Jade House originally didn't allow disciples to visit others' the courtyards, but naturally it was an exception during the Chinese New Year.

Therefore, Fan Xi would head over to Zhichun Garden almost everyday to enjoy the snow or flowers with Su Yang or to pester him to come out and play.

Su Yang felt that this person was the number one lackey of the Devil Sect's Young Saint in the script after all and it wasn't good to always refuse him. So he followed Fan Xi to the martial arts field a few times, using his Lotus Blossom Sword technique that he had mastered to torture others until they howled.

Strangely enough, aside from Fan Xi, Xu Yunzhan often came to invite him to have tea and play chess. Su Yang aggressively refused several times, but Xu Yunzhan didn't seem dissuaded. Later, he even brought his own tea leaves, prepared tea and discussed martial arts with Su Yang.

When the fifteenth of the first lunar month had passed, Su Yang, who had long been impatient with people randomly dropping by, immediately announced his seclusion and once again ensconced himself in Zhichun Garden.

How time flies, like the sun and the moon shuttling back and forth.

In Zichun Garden, the plum blossoms had bloomed and faded. The peaches and pears withered one after another and the purple lilacs finally bloomed again.

Summer seemed to have come a little early this year and the lotuses in the small courtyard had already started to bloom slightly at this time. When Su Yang broke through the fifth cold level of Nine Cold Surging Shoots technique, it coincided with the day when he had entered Lesser Jade House a whole year ago.

It wasn't until then that he realised he had missed his birthday this year—when in Rome do as the Romans do. According to the lunar calendar, his birthday had already passed six days ago.

If he calculated his actual age outside the script, he was already twenty two years old. However, within the script, he could only bear the shell of an eighteen-year-old boy.

However, age didn't matter. The important thing was that on the day he achieved a breakthrough of the fifth cold level, he was forced out of seclusion by the little green bird sent by Shizun.

And this time, Shizun, for the sake of sanctioning him, gave him—this 'seclusion-loving-demon' who didn't get along with his classmates and lacked fraternal unity—an assignment.

——From the day he left seclusion, he had to go to the martial arts field to battle against the shixiongs and shijies everyday, at least three times a day. Regardless of whether he won or lost, he could only enter his next round of seclusion after earnestly completing a hundred matches.

Su Yang: ......

Fine. You are Shizun, you call the shots.

Therefore, Su Yang had to start hanging around the martial arts field all day, challenging everyone and anyone he could get his hands on, trying to complete the assignment of the one hundred matches as soon as possible.

Initially, his opponents were his classmates who had entered the House at the same time, but with the improvement of his direct combat skills, they gradually became Mo shixiong, Li shijie and Di Ling shijie.

It was a peaceful but hardly boring life of martial arts training and time gradually moved on.

Summer passed, autumn ended.

Su Yang broke through the sixth cold level of Nine Cold Surging Shoots technique and found another ancient swordsmanship book 'Flying Flower Skill' in Wanjuan Pavilion. He was gradually able to fight to a draw with Li shijie on the martial arts field.