78

Qin Jianyue was not surprised at all when Gu Feidi knelt, but Su Yang was taken aback.

He quickly reached out and grabbed Gu Feidi's arm anxiously, "What are you doing!"

For modern people, it was a complete obliteration of dignity to beg others while kneeling. Su Yang had never humbly knelt to beg for anything and of course he couldn't bear to see Gu Feidi make such a sacrifice because of him.

In his opinion, if Luo Yu was resolute in not eliminating the Gu for him, then he wouldn't want to trouble himself to implore...... As long as he had Half Withered Red inside him, he could still suppress the blood Gu for decades. It was enough for him to grow old with Gu Feidi in this world.

After all, Su Yang wasn't aware that his chills and deep sleeps had already caused Gu Feidi to panic.

The fear in his heart had penetrated deep into his bones and this made Gu Feidi willing to cast aside everything and beg on his behalf for any chance of survival he could seize.

Su Yang didn't know, so he was incapable of accepting it for a while.

He tugged at Gu Feidi's arm in an attempt to pull him up from the ground while saying: "We're just here to beg him to eliminate—to cure an illness and this illness might not cause death. You don't need to dishonour yourself this way and suffer this sort of humiliation..."

"No matter." Gu Feidi patted the back of Su Yang's hand in reassurance. "This is not punishment or humiliation. We are asking him for a favour. Besides, he used to be friends with our fathers and is also considered our elder. How is it a dishonour to kowtow to an elder?"

Seeing that he was reluctant to get up, Su Yang became piqued: "If someone needs to kneel, it should be me. It's not you who's begging to be cured!"

Gu Feidi smiled: "Your health isn't good, I'll kneel on your behalf."

Su Yang released Gu Feidi's arm and stared for a moment into his extremely sincere and earnest eyes. With determination, he knelt down beside Gu Feidi.

Gu Feidi frowned: "You—"

"I'm the one begging for medical treatment. What're you doing, kneeling here?" Su Yang raised his chin, "Since you want to be like this, then I kneel too. I'm also a martial arts practitioner. Who's afraid of kneeling for a day or two?"

Gu Feidi heaved a sigh: "The ground is cold, your body—"

"There's no instance where you're kneeling and I'm standing. If you have to kneel and beg him, then I will accompany you." Su Yang looked stubbornly at Gu Feidi, "Otherwise, neither of us will kneel. We'll go straight down the mountain and back home."

For a while, Gu Feidi was at his wit's end.

He took Su Yang's hands in his and interlaced both their fingers together. He was on the verge of begging: "Don't be like this... I can't bear that..."

Su Yang said: "And I can't bear you kneeling. Why don't you get up?"

Gu Feidi said helplessly: "I'm not like you. I'm healthy and strong and I don't fear the bitter cold."

Seeing that Gu Feidi was determined to kneel and plead for him, Su Yang was unable to tell what his feelings were.

He was deeply moved but a little angry; distressed but also wronged and there was even some self-blame. Moreover, there was some resentment towards Gu Feidi and himself for failing to meet expectations.

——All those complicated emotions were in Su Yang's heart, all tangled up and unable to be released. At last, they gradually formed into the notion of burning bridges and fighting a last-ditch battle.