20 - Marley Day

"I'm so sorry."

Y/n sighed as Hunter treated her wounds. "I already told you it wasn't your fault. You have nothing to apologize for."

He looked down in shame as he took her hand to disinfect the cut on her arm. "It was though, if I just kept my mind clear and didn't panic it wouldn't have come after you in the first place, I wouldn't have needed to get in front of you and..." He sighed. "I wouldn't have tried to hurt you."

Y/n sighed as well and looked at his guilt ridden face. "I'm not gonna blame you." She smiled warmly with a tilt of her head. "Everything will be fine, I promise."

He looked down. "That doesn't stop me from being scared..." He pours his healing potion onto her wound and she yanked her hand away. "Reflex, I know."

She laughed and gave her hand back, but the longer he looked at her wounds the more he looked like he was gonna cry. "When you stare, it's very intense," Y/n claims. "Are you gonna kiss my wounds to make them feel better? Haha." She said this to tease him, hoping to lighten his mood.

Hunter pulled her hand up to his face and placed his lips on top of a small wound for 2 seconds then dripped the healing potion onto it quickly like I wouldn't notice. Once it healed he went, "Holy shit, it worked!" Y/n leaned over in laughter and let him continue his healing process.

Even when she was finished laughing her face was a little red and she subconsciously admired his caring nature. "You act really different when you're not the Golden Guard. I can't decide who I like more." She joked.

"You actually like me?" He joked and she gave him a look as if saying why wouldn't I? "I guess this whole time I was under the impression that you were just keeping me around and repaying me for helping you. I didn't think you had anything good to say about me."

"No, I like you a lot." She claimed. "I mean, you were really annoying because you would follow me around; I dunno if that was you being anxious that I would cause trouble, or anxious that I would get hurt but I think I grew to like you really quickly." He hummed and froze for a second. "But it's still annoying when you stare."

She watched his process of cleaning and thought back when she pulled him close to snap him out of the possession. "Hey, I think I found something out that could be important." He looked up and gave her his attention. "Your eyes, when you were possessed. They had red dots in the pupil." He glanced to the side, waiting for more of an explanation. "Yesterday me, Willow and Koda dealt with a Sarget and Koda noticed that his eyes had the same pattern in them."

"So you think those Sargets are being hostile because they are being controlled by Aopai's?" He asks and looks down as if to think. "That would make sense but why are they so active now? I haven't seen one in years."

"I've never seen one in my life." She crosses her arms and leans back on the couch.

"Me and Gus encountered some guy setting traps in the woods. He was strong too so I don't think he was just a commoner." He explained. "Maybe there is something going on around here that's causing it. Whether the emperor's coven is involved is beyond me to be honest."

Y/n hummed as she thought of the possibilities. "Well, I guess it's not our priority right now." She stands up and grabs her Palisman. "Right now, we gotta go find this Marley guy to get another Pidekay before you attack me again." Hunter shamefully looked away, dreading having to be reminded of that moment. "It's almost morning, everyone should be going home but if we hurry we might catch him. Let's go." She grabs his hand and they run out of the house to get back to the night market as quick as possible.

Hunter became flustered by the feeling of her hand holding his, especially from earlier when he woke up to be laying on top of her. He's not gonna lie, he took advantage of the situation to give her a hug since one out of the blue would seem weird, so despite the events going down he felt really close to her and kinda wished they could always have moments like that, minus the injuries, homicide attempt, and crying.