Chapter 10: the next morning comes with a realization

Midoriya is the first to stir awake the following morning, momentarily disoriented as he tries to place his surroundings. The fog of confusion lifts as the events of the previous day come flooding back. Carefully extricating himself from the warmth of the bed, he opts to let his boyfriend linger in sleep a bit longer while he ventures down the hallway towards the theatre.

The clatter of pots and pans drifts from the kitchen, drawing him closer. He peeks around the doorway, his greeting bursting forth with unrestrained enthusiasm. "Kacchan!"

Startled, Bakugou's initial reaction is a sharp jump, though he swiftly masks it with feigned indifference. Midoriya, undeterred by the facade, barrels ahead with a bright, "Good morning! Are you making breakfast? Can I help?" His words seem to unravel Bakugou's composure, eliciting a muttered stream of curses before he finally turns, a mix of irritation and fondness in his gaze, to face his childhood friend.

"Good morning, Deku. You can help, I suppose, as long as you don't wreak havoc," Bakugou mutters, his voice a mixture of gruffness and reluctant acceptance.

Midoriya's response is a radiant smile, so luminous that Bakugou finds himself momentarily dazzled, compelled to shield his eyes. Eagerly, they commence the breakfast preparations, a duo in harmony.

Merely ten minutes later, the quiet morning atmosphere is gently disrupted by the arrival of additional companions. Sato, without hesitation, joins them in the culinary efforts, embracing the bustling kitchen ambiance.

As they work, a voice interrupts the bustling sounds of breakfast preparation. "May I assist?" Kurogiri's presence at the kitchen's threshold prompts a moment of silent communication among the trio.

"Don't fret," Toga exclaims with infectious enthusiasm. "Mamagiri's culinary skills are unmatched!"

Twice echoes her sentiment, albeit with his characteristic indecision, "Absolutely, he's unparalleled! Or... perhaps not?"

"Please refrain from calling me that, Toga," Kurogiri admonishes gently, though Toga's laughter suggests the admonition is taken lightly. Acknowledging him with nods, they welcome Kurogiri's expertise into their midst.

Meanwhile, Todoroki and Kirishima, in search of their significant others, pause in mild astonishment upon discovering them collaborating peacefully in the kitchen, a rare moment of tranquility between the two.

"Is Dad cooking? His dishes are always a delight!" Kazumi exclaims with youthful excitement, standing beside Kirishima, who responds with a warm smile.

"Good morning!" she greets Kirishima brightly.

"Morning, Kazumi," he replies, sharing in the cheerful greetings.

Inquiring about the twins, Todoroki receives his answer not from Kazumi but from two voices that chime in unison from behind, "We're here, Dad!"

Todoroki turns with a smile, greeting his children, "Good morning to you both." The morning unfolds with a sense of familial warmth, the kitchen a hive of activity and affection as they come together in the simple yet profound act of making breakfast.

"Good morning, Dad!" Itsuki's voice rings out with warmth, her cheerfulness contrasting with Shosuke's quieter, more hesitant greeting.

Kazumi, with a playful nudge, teases him, "Speak up, love! Your mumbling's lost in the air!" Shosuke, a shade of red painting his cheeks, rubs where she elbowed him.

"What did you just call him?!" The atmosphere shifts instantly at the sound of Bakugou's voice, thick with disbelief and anger, a kitchen knife in his grip adding to his intimidating aura.

Shosuke, overwhelmed with a mix of embarrassment and fear, finds refuge behind Todoroki.

Bakugou's gaze is piercing, his voice a low threat. "Are you implying you're dating the offspring of Deku?" Shosuke, barely audible, confirms the worst fears with his silence.

Todoroki, with a protective stance, corrects, "Bakugou, he's my son, not Izukus."

Bakugou, undeterred, retorts, "Oh, come on, Icy-hot! It's clear as day those twins are yours and Deku's." At this, Midoriya emerges, his face a canvas of embarrassment, mirroring the subtle flush on Todoroki's cheeks.

Faced with their father's querying gaze, Itsuki and Shosuke admit to the truth with sheepish nods.

Bakugou's temper flares, "I'm gonna kill you!" he bellows, knife pointed menacingly at Shosuke. Todoroki, embodying the shield of a parent, declares, "Over my dead body."

Kirishima, ever the peacemaker, grasps Bakugou's free hand, pleading, "Kats, let's not turn breakfast into a battlefield. The kids wish for peace among us. Enough, Bakugou!" Kirishima's voice is firm as he struggles to restrain him. 

"Calm down, or you'll wake—" Hato's cautionary words are abruptly silenced by the dramatic entrance, the doors flung wide open.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU NPCS YELLING ABOUT?! I'M TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP HERE!" The room falls into a stunned silence as Setsuko and Shigaraki shout in unison, their voices echoing with identical frustration.

Midoriya's realization dawns visibly, his eyes widening in astonishment. Mina can't contain her excitement, "Oh my gosh, Shigaraki's your dad?!"

"Tomura Shigaraki, please, let's keep the peace," Kurogiri interjects, his calm demeanor a stark contrast as he moves to placate him.

"Just get me a coffee," Shigaraki snaps, and Kurogiri retreats to the kitchen without another word.

"Can we pause and process this for a moment?" the room buzzes with whispers and disbelief. "Shigaraki has a daughter with the Todoroki surname?!"

The tension escalates as Dabi enters, overhearing the revelation. His shock is palpable. "Wait, Shigaraki, you and a Todoroki? If it's Fuyumi, I swear—"

"Uncle Touya, please, no more yelling," Setsuko pleads, her patience wearing thin.

"And who might your other parent be?" Dabi's curiosity is piqued, his tone pressing for an answer.

"Natsuo Todoroki..." Setsuko admits quietly, her voice barely a murmur.

The revelation sends shockwaves through the room, Shigaraki and Natsuo's expressions mirroring each other's surprise.

Rei, ever the peacemaker, claps her hands, her smile gentle. "What a delightful surprise."

Toga, ever confused, tilts her head. "Weren't you talking to someone online? I thought there was someone else." Her confusion adds another layer to the unfolding drama.

Shigaraki's eyes stretch wide in disbelief. "How did you—never mind, it doesn't matter," he dismisses with a weary sigh.

Natsuo, recovering from his initial shock, locks eyes with Shigaraki. "Hold on. Are you 'Hands-off20'?"

Shigaraki, caught off guard, stammers, "Yeah... but wait—don't tell me you're 'EndeavorIsABitch19'?"

A slow, incredulous nod from Natsuo confirms it, and a stunned silence envelops them as they come to the realization that they've been unknowingly connecting online for the past year.

Meanwhile, Setsuko is overcome with laughter, collapsing to the floor. "This is too much! You guys are absolutely absurd!" Her laughter fills the room, punctuating the absurdity of the revelation.