Chapter 22: Quirk Accident part 4

"Let's just move on as if nothing happened," Shota suggests, trying to inject a sense of normalcy back into the moment.

"Yeah, totally didn't see anything! You didn't see anything, right, Hato?" Setsuko's voice is high and teeming with forced cheerfulness, her laughter edging into hysteria.

"Not a glimpse!" Hato echoes the sentiment, his voice matching Setsuko's pitch in a comical duet.

Shigaraki and Natsuo, however, can't quite shake off their embarrassment, their faces a telltale crimson.

The next day unfolds with an unexpected twist for Natsuo. Returning home, he's met with a sight he had reconciled with never seeing again. Touya, presumed gone from their lives, stands before him, inexplicably young.

"Uh... hi, Nii-san?" Natsuo's greeting is tentative, laced with disbelief.

"Awkward, isn't it?" Setsuko teases, drawing out the word in a sing-song voice.

"Finally, Natsu!" Touya exclaims, a mix of irritation and relief coloring his tone. "Where's Shoto? Didn't he come with you?" He cranes his neck, trying to peer around Natsuo for their other sibling.

"No, Shoto's still at school," Natsuo replies, his confusion mounting.

"Darn!" Touya's disappointment is palpable; he turns on his heel, storming inside, only to be reprimanded by their mother for his lack of decorum. Natsuo follows, shoes left neatly by the door.

Once seated in the living room, with Touya momentarily distracted outside, Natsuo broaches the unbelievable reality. "How did this even happen?" His gaze flits between his mother and sister, seeking answers.

Fuyumi explains, "Father mentioned something about a quirk that reverses age."

Natsuo's realization dawns slowly, "So, he's been... he's actually been here, all along? Alive, and now he is just... younger?"

"That's precisely what I said, Natsu," Fuyumi sighs, a hint of exasperation in her voice.

The magnitude of the situation begins to settle, stirring a mix of emotions. "This means Touya's still out there... his real self, just as he was," Natsuo murmurs, a blend of awe and sorrow in his tone.

The revelation hits them fully, a wave of shock and newfound hope crashing down.

Rei's reaction is visceral, her hands flying to her mouth as tears well up, the impact of their reality hitting her all at once. "This changes everything," she whispers, the weight of years spent in mourning suddenly lifting, even if just slightly.

The conversation is cut short by the unexpected chime of the doorbell. Natsuo rises, a part of him still reeling from the day's revelations and finds himself face to face with the nation's second-ranked hero.

"Hawks? What brings you here?" Natsuo's question hangs in the air, tinged with a mix of surprise and curiosity.

Hawks greets him with his usual charm, though a hint of urgency underpins his casual demeanor. "Just checking in on Touya. Is he around?"

"Yeah, out back. But why the sudden visit?" Natsuo probes, sensing there's more to Hawks' appearance than meets the eye.

"I just came to see how he's doing," Hawks attempts to downplay his visit, avoiding Natsuo's gaze, a clear sign of his underlying concern.

Natsuo, not easily fooled, folds his arms and prompts, "Hawks."

"What?"

"Look at me when you're talking," Natsuo insists, noting Hawks' eyes fixed on anything but him.

"With your talent for deception as impeccable as ever, pretty bird," Touya teases, his voice dripping with a playfully sultry undertone.

"Touya!" Keigo protests, his cheeks flushing a deep shade of crimson. In response, Touya merely laughs, a sound rich with affection, and draws his boyfriend in, wrapping him in a closer embrace.

Hawks reluctantly meets his gaze before admitting, "It's Hato... He's been quite unsettled lately. Touya has this... this calming effect on him. And, well, I miss that – I miss him," his voice trails off, betraying his composure for a moment before he regains it. "Hato just needs Touya's warmth and everything's alright again."

"So, Touya's absence is really affecting you both," Natsuo surmises, understanding the depth of their distress.

"Exactly," Hawks confirms with a sense of relief, grateful for the acknowledgment.

Natsuo sighs, a mix of resignation and empathy coloring his tone, "Alright, I'll get him for you."

Hawks' expression brightens, a mix of hope and gratitude flashing across his features. "Thank you," he says, barely containing his excitement.

"But I'm coming with you," Natsuo adds, setting the terms.

"Of course," Hawks agrees readily.

As Natsuo re-enters the house, his family's curious eyes meet his. "Who was at the door, dear?" Rei inquires.

"Uhhh," Natsuo hesitates, scrambling for an explanation.

Setsuko chimes in with a teasing remark, "Smooth cover-up, dad."

Natsuo quickly concocts a story, "It was the police. They need Touya's help with identifying some villains involved in the recent attack."

Summoning Touya, Natsuo calls out, "Nii-san, please come here!" Watching Touya approach, he adds, "We need to head out."

Once they're ready to leave, Touya's excitement is palpable upon spotting Hawks. "Keigo!" he exclaims, his joy evident.

Hawks, momentarily lost in the reunion with his husband, almost forgets himself but then catches his composure. "Right, you're a bit young at the moment," he reminds himself, steering clear of any physical affection inappropriate for Touya's temporary age.

"Is Hato with Mirko?" Natsuo asks as they prepare to leave.

"No," Hawks replies succinctly.

"Then, where is he?" Natsuo's concern grows.

"With Shiggy," Hawks states, setting off towards their next destination.

"Looks like we're off to see Tenko," Natsuo concludes, starting the car as they embark on their unexpected journey, leaving behind a trail of questions and a promise of resolution.