21 - Rambling

Neville pouted as he was tied to a chair the minute they got to the house and Y/n sat directly across from him with her arms crossed, trying to be intimidating. Anytime he tried to break the bond she raised her hand and threatened to use magic on him. "You won't do it, you care too much to hurt him."

Y/n tilted her head with sarcasm. "Please." Then shot a small ice spike at him that grazed his forehead, leaving a cut. "I can heal him when he wakes up, I don't care how much pain you experience."

He scoffed and glanced away. "Are you just gonna sit there?" She said nothing. "What are you planning to do?"

"Wait for the potion or for Hunter to wake up." She said briefly without taking her eyes off him.

"This is going to be torture." He breathed his words like a sigh. "Would you at least talk to me? I don't want to sit in silence before I die."

"No."

"Bitch."

They sat in silence for even longer before Neville got jittery. He tapped his foot nervously and looked around the room. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows the longer he did this until he made eye contact with her and looked away like a puppy that did something bad.

Then Luz walked in through the front door and explained what will happen. "King and Eda will deliver it when it's finished. I just helped put his door back on. What's going on now?"

"Just monitoring Neville," Y/n said with hate in her voice. "How long will it take?"

Luz shrugs. "He said he's only a quarter of the way done but will stop the process early if we need him too." She explained and sat on the sofa. "Do we need him too?"

"He can take as long as he needs, I'm sure we'll be fine." Y/n yawned. "Damn, still tired..."

"Didn't you and him spend 4 days straight awake and researching or something?" Luz asked. "I think you're gonna need a lot more time to catch up on that sleep."

"Meh..." She sighed and scooted her chair back to talk to Luz more. "I may just be acting weird but I'm scared to call Hunter out now knowing the Aopai can talk..."

"What do you mean?" Luz asked, leaning forward to talk

"Well last time I had to be kinda personal with him to draw him back out and now it's a guy named Neville instead of a possession... How do I explain."

Luz hums and gives a single nod. "I understand what you're saying but you can't let that hold you back." She explained. "If you can do it, you need to."

"But it's weird talking to Neville like he's Hunter." Y/n complained.

"No, go do it now!" Luz demanded while lightly chopping Y/n's head then pushing her chair back to her place. "Sitting and staring at him isn't gonna do anything! Talk to him!"

She nervously looked back to Luz. "I don't know what to say..."

Luz shook her head. "My god... What did you do last time?"

"Kinda begged him to wake up." She said nervously and hid her head between her shoulders. "But he was about to kill me so I was talking in desperation."

Luz took a moment to think. "Remind him of personal stuff."

"Hmm..." She walked around Neville with her hand on her chin to think. "Okay, it may seem like we've been friends for a long time, but really it's been a month... But, a lot has happened in that month." Luz gave Y/n her attention to keep her talking. "I guess I would consider the first day, like a friend-iversary, the day he prevented my petrification. Actually, he was on his way to before he gave in to my sob story and threw me out of the castle and let me escape. That morning he found me and gave me food and healed all my wounds. Then from there he would follow me around and we got into a bunch of little fights in public and it was hilarious. He got so angry when I tried to fight him."