.117.

At lightening speed Chris is in front of Opal, picking her up by her waist, crushing his lips to hers all the while smile and laughing wildly.

  "We're doing this?" he exclaims half questioning, half reassuring them both. His eyes alight with wonder and joy, like a young child on Christmas morning. Telling Opal all she needs to know; this was the right decision. She'd do anything to make him happy, to see him like this for as long as possible. To make him feel the smallest bit of joy, acceptance and self worth that he has given to her.

  Opal just smiles along with him, giggling as she nods her head. "Okay," he says, placing her back on both of her feet. "You go and pack. I'll see what I can do about a flight." He grabs up his phone once more, opening it up to search for the earliest flight he can find.

  Grabbing her suitcase out of Chris' bedroom closet Opal begins packing. She tosses in the couple of extra outfits she'd brought but soon realizes that she has nothing left that she would want to be wearing for her wedding. She stands in front of her suitcase, her hands on her hips, staring down at it.

  Chris walks into the room, coming up behind Opal, wrapping his arms around her. "What's on your mind?" He places a soft kiss on her shoulder.

  She leans back into his arms, her safe haven. "I imagined this a little differently," she sighs. "I don't have a dress to wear."

  Chris senses the sadness in her voice. "You do, love."

  Opal lifts her head, angling to look at Chris over her shoulder. "What?"

  He spins her around, the A-line of the dress creating a swishing sound. "This is your wedding dress."

  Opal's eyes begin to fill with tears. "I know you dreamt of having your Granny there with the bouquet you were going to make, but maybe this can take the place of that."

  Her heart soars at the thoughtfulness of his words. "You're sure?"

  "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" he smiles, placing a sweet peck on the tip of her nose. "We have a couple of hours. I couldn't get us a flight until 4 in the morning."

  "I guess you'll just have to wait another day to wake up tangled in sheets with me," she sasses.

  He grips her waist, pulling her to his chest, looking at her longingly. "But," she starts, "I promise to make it worth the wait." He moans before finding her lips once more.

  Neither dared attempt to sleep, knowing that teasing their tired bodies with just an hour of sleep would do more harm than good. Instead they finish packing, shower and snuggle up on the couch and talk about the start of their lives together as husband and wife. 

  "First topic of discussion," she starts, her voice very serious.

"That tone makes me nervous, Ope," Chris interrupts her. "I've only heard that tone in your voice the night you met CJ."

Opal rolls her eyes and gives a shudder as she thinks back to that night. The night she once again questioned his intentions of being with someone like herself. "Don't go there," she warns him.

Chris holds his hands up in surrender. "Fair enough. Continue."

"As I was saying. First topic of discussion," her voice just as serious as earlier. "You better not knock me up right away, Sergeant." Opal pushes a single finger against his chest, driving her point across the best she can. Her brow raised and eyes narrowed.

  Chris' mouth forms her favorite smirk. "I make no promises, ma'am." He pushes her hair back off of her shoulder before rubbing his finger tips against the side of her neck. "All bets will be off." He sees the shiver run through her body at his words, and his touch.