Chapter 15

Tw/cw: a lot of talk about suicide and strong language

"Morning Kyosuke!!" She sang out as she finished eating her food.

"...Morning."

"How have you been doing?"

"...Fine." The guard began to rechain her up.

"Tell me about it! How's Juzo's recovery going?"

"It's going well."

"Oh! I'm glad to hear it!" She smiled sweetly. As he finished, the guard waited for permission to exit. Munakata waved him permission, leaving the two of them alone.

"...Have they been treating you well?"

"As well as you can treat someone diagnosed as insane!" She laughed.

"I see."

"Ahaha... So what's up? Why are you avoiding the question?"

"What question?"

"I dunno! You came here for something. And it's very unlike you to not head straight to the point." He sighed.

"I suppose you're right."

"Of course I am! Now spill the beans!" She continued to smile widely, making Munakata shiver. He turned to face away from her.

"...you claim that your life and Sakakura's are intertwined?"

"Of course!"

"And you know this for a fact."

"Yeah! I am part of it after all."

"...Are you saying you helped create it?"

"Well, no, that's not what I was saying, but yeah, I did." Munakata took a deep breath in.

"...Is there a way to remove it?" She laughed.

"Maybe so. Why, you can't stand the pressure?"

"...What is it?"

"Sorry, no can do sweetie. Move on to the next question.

"You're doing all this for despair right?"

"Sure as sugar!" He turned around and faced her smiling face again.

"So, the possibility of an escape situation isn't impossible. In fact, I think you intend to use it. Not to die at all. To get back to your students and cause despair. Whether you intend to kill him or not I don't know. But either way-" she burst out laughing. "What?"

"Oh silly!" She sighed as her laughter subsided. "Do you really think I'm that calculating?"

"I do."

"Well, you may be right about that. But! This is a lot simpler than you're making it out to be!" Munakata took a small step back trying not to look panicked.

"You can't just intend to kill yourself for nothing else but hurting me."

"Oh but I can!" She giggled.

"...why?"

"Despair! I thought you figured this out by now."

"But why? If you die and we rehabilitate the remnants of despair, your whole plan will fall apart!"

"Oh, my students won't fall for that nonsense."

"But if they do. What would you do?"

"Well I guess I wouldn't care! I'm still going out with a bang!" She laughed and he scowled.