Chapter 19

Tw/Cw: Knife, suicidal intent, not very descriptive kissing

"Kyosuke!!" Sakakura ran up to the last door and looked between the crack Munakata had slipped through. He froze when he saw the two of them engaged in a passionate kiss. He found himself reeling back. Even though he knew it, he always knew it and expected it to happen... but he never wanted to see it. He found himself panting just from the shock as guards rushed up trying to slip through the crack. But because of their armor, it wasn't possible. And Sakakura couldn't slip through either. So he waited, the guards with their crowbars, watching his two best friends make out. He must have stared for a good fifteen seconds before he had to look away, trying not to cry again. Not so surprisingly, Yukizome was the only thing that kept it going, Munakata having no clue what he was doing fricking virgin. He tried his best but eventually, he pulled back, Yukizome slowly opening her eyes in shock. Sakakura watched Munakata swallow, still very close to her.

"...Chisa Yukizome... I love you." Sakakura's heart fell a little hearing this. Then he saw the knife in Munakata's hand, and his heart began to beat out of his chest. The kife wasn't pointed at Munakata's heart, rather, it was pointed at Yukizome's. It clicked in Sakakura's mind for what was about to happen. He could almost smile. On impulse, he threw the men with crowbars back against the wall, hard enough to knock them out. He would never object to this.

"Kyosuke... I love you too..." Munakata couldn't bring himself to smile even a little like Yukizome was. He readjusted the knife in his hand and continued to gather his willpower, pushed by the fact he had mere seconds to act. But he was thrown off guard by a tiny spark in her eyes. He gasped, seeing the woman he knew and grew up with. And truly did love. It was her for a brief moment. She cried a single tear and started saying his name again before lowering her head. Instantly, Munakata felt a similar pain in his arm as before, making him cringe. And Sakakura felt the same on his right shoulder. Unsure of what had happened, Munakata closed his eyes, let out a cry, and thrust the knife forward... But he couldn't do it.