9. The Make-Up and The Break-Up

Lisa's Point Of View:

I sat in this waiting room with brown walls and green carpet. It felt woodsy but I still was nervous. I didn't know what was really happening with me but I was really anxious.

"I can't do this Mama Mattie I can't..." My sweat start to form and my mind felt like it was racing. I try to stand but the room felt like it was spinning. The next thing I saw was black as I heard my mother in law call for me.

Beep Beep...Beep...Beep Beep....

That's the next sound I hear as I came to. Opening my eyes I notice I was in the hospital. I saw that the monitor next to me was beeping.

"Lisa dear you're awake are you okay? I didn't realize how traumatized you would of felt..." Mama Mattie says and I realized I fainted at the therapist office.

"Oh this is fucking embarrassing...how can I get help if I can never make it into the office to get the help I need?" I say and she sighs holding my hand.

"Where is she?!" I hear my husband's voice yelling and I was too embarrassed to see him. Here I am once again fainted in a bed and he is coming to see me. It's feeling like deja vu all over again.

"Sorry I called Prince I didn't know what was happening with you and he is your husband. He deserves to know when something is wrong." Mama Mattie says just before her son barges in and stares at me. His eyes look like they were welling up with tears and I was surprised.

"Baby are you okay?" He asked me kissing my forehead and it's like our fight melted with that kiss. I held onto him longer as the tears I didn't know wanted to fall has fallen.

"Shhh it's going to be okay mamas I am here for you honey alright. I love you Lisa please don't scare me like that again." He says to me wiping my tears smiling at me. I love to hear him say that, it felt good knowing someone love me even when I am a handful.

"I love you too Prince I am sorry I didn't mean to I just panic and..." He kiss my lips something I think he has been missing since our last fight.

"Mr. and Mrs. Nelson we have the results back from your scan. You suffered a panic attack due to stress I am assuming. Your levels were pretty high for you to just be sitting in a therapist office. Did you see them and they were making you recall something?" The ER doctor ask me and I sigh. I guess it's time that I am honest with my husband. I am so nervous he may just...I don't know what he will do. I just hate to feel judge by this. I feel weak and he needs someone strong.

"Therapist? Baby why did you go to a therapist?" He asked me and his mother said she would wait for us outside to give us privacy taking the doctor with her.

"Prince you know I been having problems sleeping right?" I asked him and he nods.

"Yeah well it's because I am still dreaming about what happen to us a few years ago. So your mom suggest I go to therapy but I was apprehensive about it because..." I didn't know if I should tell him. I mean he may feel fucked up about it. I never told him this because I really did like him and wanted him when I was a kid.

But when he came to get me and use me for his intial plan. He just ravaged my body and although I felt good. I assume from my experience that is just what is suppose to happen. But then he reversed all of that and now thinking back I hope he don't feel like a monster.

"Because of what sweetheart?" He asked me kissing my hand and I sigh more tears coming out.

"When I was a young girl I must of witness something traumatic. I don't know what it was but I went mute. So my mother took me to a therapist to fix me. And well that therapist he...He raped me as a young girl and I may have found my voice but I lost my heart..." I admit now feeling a shiver run down my back.