28. Want The Smoke?

Elvina's Point Of View:

My doorbell rung as I was in bed in a moment of bliss. Chris and I had an amazing date night after we got back from visiting the kids. Since Eddie and Meagan were working, and my sister had Vosco and others here. We decided to make a quick trip to tell Franklin the news.

Since Matthew has been locked up on charges of murder the judge terminated his parental rights over Franklin indefinitely. Chris adoption was overturned making him the legal father over Franklin. I told my little angel how Old daddy is still his father as far as biological genes go. But he gets to stay with Chris and I until he is a adult ready to leave home and do all that he wants to do.

He was of course happy and asked me if his Nan-Nan Mabel is still his grandma and if Tiana is still his sister. I told him of course that doesn't change anything. I reached out to Olivia's mother expressing my condolences. She was nice and told me that she was on a fixed income and didn't know how she was going to take care of Tiana.

I told her not to worry about that I had moved her from the rough neighborhood she was living in and into my neighborhood actually. That way Tiana's life don't have to be that upside down. I also gave her access to an account to help her take care of Tiana. I didn't do it because of her father nor her mother. I did it because she was my son's sister and she just lost everything.

I don't want her growing up with resentment towards her brother because she didn't have. My mother raised me better than that.  I told him the good news before I let him call Olivia's mom Loretta to speak to his sister Tiana.

I wake up hair likely a mess and my breath hot from sleep. I walk into the bathroom and stare at my spectacular fucked hair. Ever since being with that man my sex life is one for the books. I brush my teeth and fix my hair untangling any knots or kinks. I brush it into a bun and proceed to take a shower. I am sure Chris answered the door since he wasn't in bed when I woke up. I was stepping out of the shower when I seen his face pop in the bathroom.

"Good morning beautiful how is my wife feeling this morning?" He says kissing my lips before he hands me the orange juice in his hand.

"Spectacular actually thank you husband." I say smiling as my life is starting to go back to normal even though I am a mafia wife.

"Good because Ms. Mabel is downstairs distraught over her punk ass son. So why don't you get dress and meet her downstairs." He says and I nod.

"Ms. Mabel is good people Chris even though her son is not..." I tell him and he sighs.

"That maybe the case but that's still her son don't you forget that..." He says and I sigh myself. Getting dressed I opted for lounge wear a comfy tee and some sweats. My hair was damp as I decided to wash it in the shower. So now it laid curly and damp as I let it air dry.

"Morning Ms. Mabel how are you this morning considering everything?" I say as I walk into the livingroom to see her and she do look distraught. Her eyes held dark circles from lack of sleep. Her hair was done but no ruby red lipstick or mascara she was bare faced.

"Morning Vee I am not doing well at all considering, Matty is in jail for murder this time. Not a small sentence where he was going to be home soon but actual murder. The police told me the evidence against him is mounting...tell me what it is..." She asked and I look at her shocked.

"Ms. Mabel how would I know-"

"Cut the faces Elvina I know what your husband do. I know who he is linked too and who runs the police around here. Matthew didn't just air out his dirty laundry you know. Besides I read how your brother-in-law just donated two million dollars a few months ago to the police fund of our town. No one does that unless they are buying strings to pull." She says getting sharp with me which she's never done. I understand her predicament as a mom so I let it slide.