7. Getting Closer To The Enemy

Michael's Point Of View:

Arriving outside of the Temperley Restaurant I needed to know who or what was setting my wife off to the deep end. I knew this was a setup targeted against me but I needed proof. So she will know I mean what I say I am not hurting her.

Walking up to the hostess desk I notice a man dressed in a full three piece suit. This must be the man I spoke to on the phone the other day. I need to know some answers.

"Hello sir how may I help you?" He says with a plastic smile.

"Are you Gregor?"

"Depends on who's asking sir." He says and his voice match the guy I was looking for yes this is him.

"Michael now I need to know is there a Vicki working here?" I asked him and he nods.

"Miss Victoria Grove is the manager here would you like to speak with her?" He asked and so there is a Vicki here so why the fuck did he lie before.

"Yo my man when I called here the other day and asked your pencil stick ass if a Vicki was here why the fuck did you lie?" I ask him getting close to the desk.

"Sir you are hostile if you don't calm down I will have to call the police." He says completely ignoring my question.

"Yeah call them that gives me ten minutes to kick your fucking ass!" I say pushing the hostess desk aside to get at him.

"Mr. Jackson is that anyway to show up in my establishment?" A woman's voice alerted me. I turn to see a black woman with light skin and green eyes. She was dressed in a red business suit and I knew there goes another devil walking.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked puzzled as Gregor ran off somewhere.

"I am Victoria Grove or Vicki like my friends called me and I heard you was looking for me." She says and this all smells like a set up.

"Yeah I am I wanted to know how you got my phone number and why did you call it telling my wife that we are a item. I don't even know you miss so what the fuck is you on?" I asked dusting off my suit.

"Mr. Jackson can we please meet at your office and talk? There's a lot we must discuss. Like first I never told your wife we were an item. I called to do business and that is all she got very upset on her own." She says and I shake my head.

"Well Ms. Grove I believe we don't have anything to talk about. I do not do business with people who call my wife a liar. And I definitely do not do business with shady clientele. You have a good day and lose my number for good." I say going to walk out.

"It's about Richard Hamilton..." She says stopping me cold in my tracks. What the fuck did she know about the next nigga on my kill list.

"I know there is bad blood between the two of you and your families and look I am not offering this up for free. But I need asylum away from him. You are the only one strong enough to make sure I am safe. Please can we talk and not here..." She says whispering as she got closer to me.

"Why should I help you or anything like that. I may not have been in the game for a minute but this smells shady as fuck to me." I say creating some distance between us.

"Alright then take me to see your father Joseph. If you are not the Don I thought you were that was my mistake but I fear if I do not get safety soon I am going to be a dead woman and you will lose all your leverage against Richard and his father." She says and now I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"Look Ms. Grove meet us at the 4th dock warehouse at Pacific piers tonight at 9 p.m. and If I find out you were lying to me than you will be the first woman I ever kill." I say to her walking out to my car.