24. The Boss

Zyan's Point Of View:

I notice all the threatening messages from Richard as I headed back home. Taking Tommy to his grandparents and his aunt and uncle was the best thing. He actually missed them and his father told him that his mother's parents were dead.

He was quite mad to learn that he lied and even more sad to find out what happen to his grandfather David. He agreed to stay with his family especially since he got all those toys and clothes.

He hugged me a thousand times and wanted me to stay. I explain to him if he ever needed anything if any of them ever needed anything they could call me.

I told Tommy to be a good boy just for me and show everyone they are wrong about you. He told me to tell Duke he was sorry and that he was lucky to have a mom like me. I felt sad that this little boy was a product of his father's evil plan. Tommy has all the qualities of being sweet he just wants a mom.

I told him he can think of me like a godmother and that I hope he does well. I gave him a big hug and left. That was over two and a half hours a ago and I was still sad for the little boy.

It fueled my fire against Richard even more. At the expense of waging war against my husband he allowed for his son and his wife to be a liability.

I am so happy that Michael is my husband and that he still loves me. He would never do that with me or our kids. He always protect us even when we don't know what we need protection from.

"Jermaine?" I say as he his driving me home from the airport.

"Hm?" He asked as he continued to look ahead.

"How many threats has Michael protected me from?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"Well if I am being honest a lot, there was actually a threat on your life before your wedding. Remember how weird and clingy he was acting?" Jermaine reminds me and I remember.

"Yeah I remember that I thought it was cute but annoying..." I say thinking back.

"Well yeah so there was this small time gang trying to come up. They were call the Cobras. Every member had to survive a snake bite and wherever the snake bit you was where you get your cobra tattoo.

They were mostly ex-thugs that your father help put away. That's when he was a prosecutor before he became a defense lawyer. So the leader of these thugs was some old head who convinced a bunch of young dudes to do his bidding." Jermaine says and this is all new to me I didn't even know they knew my father for that long.

"Yeah so anyway the leader a guy name Cain found out you was getting married to my brother who was just getting use to his role as a Don. He became one right before you two started dating. Anyway they order a hit and before they could get to you Michael went and clear their whole hangout clean.

That's why the wedding started a little late. He was never going to leave you at the altar but he was not going to let someone hurt you." Jermaine says and I think about how he must of been protecting me for so long he must be tired.

"Damn I thought he was having second thoughts..." I said as I think back to how emotional I was.

"Oh never that Michael loved you since I think the first day he saw you. My brother never just willingly sing to or for anyone. You have had him sprung from the very beginning. Honestly he maybe the don of this family but you are the real boss sis. He will always answer to you and give you whatever you want.

No matter what anyone says or do. When he told us he wanted to fold the family I won't lie we were all upset. Until he said his wife said no and that's final. We didn't challenge him because we knew we couldn't..." He says to me making me laugh.