Chapter 1

The large school looked over the campus grounds, nearly touching the sky, if it wasn't already. The sun was beginning to duck behind the school, only small rays of its light peeking through. The sky was blotted with colors of red and orange, looking like it was set ablaze. A young woman stood outside of the large, wrought iron gates. They were the only thing keeping her separated from the school. She was holding her bag against her chest. She slowly looked up at the sky, her brown eyes slowly flooding into an amber color. She turned her face towards the sun, closing her eyes. It felt warm on her skin. She moved one of her hands to her chest where her heart was. She made a silent prayer to herself, before opening her eyes again and facing the gates. She took a deep breath, reaching out and pushing them open. The woman watched the gates swing closed behind her. She faced the school, taking more breaths, and walked across the campus. She went up the steps, and looked up just as she saw another woman waiting.

"You've made it safely. I was beginning to worry you got lost. This way, please," she said, turning and beginning to walk away.

The younger woman quickly walked after her. She began to explain what exactly was in store for her.

"Welcome to Decelis Academy. This is a night based school, which means all classes and all events, take place during the evening. Day time is usually used for study groups or for private tutoring sessions. Other students use it to sleep after attending their classes. All of your classes will begin at 10pm exactly. Which means that you should be outside of your given class by 9:54pm."

The young women listened to all of this being said, paying close attention. While she followed her, her eyes wandered all around, taking in her surroundings. The school was enormous. It seemed as if it was neverending. Her attention was captured by the large and expansive field outside the windows. She was amazed by this. The staff stopped and noticed her staring.

"Ah, yes. That's our nightball field. Think of it like football, but it's played at night. The ball has a battery powered light inside of it, so that the players and audience can see where the ball is," she explained, looking out at the field.

"Alright, we have to move on. I'm on a tight schedule. Come along, I will show you to your dorm room next," she said, waving her hand to gesture the student to follow.

She hurried after the woman, following her down the spacious and long hallway. It was a pretty short walk. She stopped in front of an old and elaborately designed wooden door.

"This is your dorm room. This is the girls' dormitory. The boys' is on the other end. If you need anything, the office is at the front of the school, where we were. Don't hesitate to ask your fellow students for help with things, as well," the staff explained. The young woman nodded silently.

"I hope you enjoy your stay here, at Decelis Academy."

With that said, the student was left alone.