Chapter 45

The library doors opened, getting the attention of the guys. They all looked up, from doing different things. Once they saw Nefeli, they all frowned. She saw this happen as she walked up to them. It was alright, she kind of had a feeling this would happen. As soon as she was standing in front of them, she chewed on her lip, trying to figure out how to start her apology. While she was doing this, they all stared at her. After a moment of waiting for her to speak but getting nothing, they decided to be the ones to break the silence between them.

"Are you going to spit it out, or are you going to stand there like an idiot?" Riki snapped at her, clearly annoyed by her presence

Nefeli frowned at his words and looked at him. "I'm sorry, I'm just trying to find the proper words to say."

"It shouldn't take long to say what you want to say. Just say it and leave," he said, rolling his eyes and going back to what he was doing.

She kept her frown, reaching a hand up and rubbing her arm. He was right, she should just spit it out. She didn't have to stand there and think about it.

"I came to apologize for how I treated all of you. I had no right to act the way I did and take it out on you. All of you have been nothing but kind and sweet to me. You deserve better than what I did. I'm really, truly sorry."

The guys watched her silently as she gave them her apology. She made sure to look at all of them when speaking, so they knew she was genuine and she meant it.

"Just so you know--"

"You guys don't have to forgive me. I'll understand completely if you don't. And I'm not going to beg and ask you to do so. That's not my right. If you guys forgive me, that's your choice, not mine. And I won't force you to do so. If you guys do forgive me, I'd rather you do it because you want to. Not because I begged you."

Nefeli cut Jay off before he could finish what he was saying. They all stared at her, a bit surprised by her words. But, before they could say anything, they were prevented from doing so again.

"Why the hell should we forgive you? You treated us like shit. I get you were scared. I get you were mad at us for lying to you and that you were mad at me for erasing part of your memories of that day. I get where you're coming from on that. But, you didn't have treat us like we were all monsters. We'd never hurt you, you know that. Yet, you pushed us away as if we were nothing to you. That was a shitty thing to do."

Everyone and Nefeli looked at Riki as he spoke again. She frowned, closing her fingers around her shirt sleeve.

"I know, Riki. And I'm so sorry. I really am. Like I said, I won't ask for you to forgive me. But, I do hope you all can see I mean what I say," she said to all of them.

None of them had heard the library doors open or close. So when another person spoke, it surprised everyone in the room.

"How pathetic of you. I can't believe you have the nerve to show your face here after how you treated our student council. You should have more respect for them."

Nefeli looked up, seeing Jake's ex girlfriend, Amelia, walk over to all of them. Nefeli frowned at the words that she had spoken. She also saw that Jake was following behind her. She had noticed that he wasn't present when she came into the library. So, he'd been with her. Amelia stopped to stand in front of Nefeli, blocking her view of the others.

"You sure have a lot of nerve coming here after how you treated them. Of course, it doesn't surprise me. Humans will never learn how to be respectful of those around them. You idiots don't even respect each other. You have no right to be here, you can leave. They don't want to hear your pathetic excuse for an apology."

"What? No, I have to finish saying what I need to. Once I do, I'll leave," Nefeli started, shaking her head in protest.

Amelia scoffed, glaring at her. She gently shoved Nefeli backwards, which made her stumble a little.

"You're done here, so leave," Amelia snapped at her.

"But, I... Guys, please. Just let me finish what I have to say," Nefeli looked at the guys, begging them to let her continue.

All of them stared at her for a moment or two, saying nothing at first. They all exchanged looks with each other, as if they were communicating silently, which is what they were doing. After a few seconds, they looked at her again.

"Please, leave. We don't want to hear what excuses you might have for why you treated us the way you did."

Nefeli stared at them in shock as Seonwoo spoke those words to her. She hadn't expected him to say that. She'd hoped they'd tell Amelia to at least let her finish. Instead, this is what she got. She felt her heart begin aching again, making her chest hurt.

"No, please.. just let me--"

Amelia suddenly shoved her hard and caused her to fall against the library doors, with a loud bang. She winced softly as her side hit one of the door handles.

"You heard them, human. Leave!" Amelia snapped once again.

Nefeli frowned, staying there for a little longer, before she finally pushed herself away from the doors. She opened one of them, but didn't leave right away. She looked up, seeing Amelia scoff again, before she walked to go join the guys. She looked at the seven boys who she'd come to call her friends. Despite knowing what she did was uncalled for and rude, she couldn't help but to feel upset with this kind of treatment from them. She definitely didn't expect it. She had thought they would argue or fight with her. But, not something like this. They didn't seem like the type to be cruel, even if they tried.

"I'm sorry for bothering all of you. I'll be on my way. Please forgive the rude intrusion."

Nefeli bowed to all of them, before walking out of the library. All of them watched as the door was pulled shut, closing gently. They frowned and looked at each other again.

"Good riddance. Now you guys won't have such a sad excuse of a human distracting all of you. You can focus on what's important," Amelia stated.