Chapter 38

When Nefeli finally regained back her consciousness, everything felt like it was spinning. Her eyes fluttered open and she was met with a sickly white ceiling, that she knew belonged to a hospital. When her brain processed where she was, she began to panic all over again. She whimpered and sat up, so she could get out of the bed.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, calm down."

A familiar voice made her stop and she looked up. Standing next to her bed, was Heeseung. She hadn't seen him since she woke up from her nightmare and spoke to Sunghoon about it. Most of everything after that, was a blur, up until she woke up to that doctor asking her about his death. When she saw him, it felt like everything stopped spinning. A soft sound left her lips. She suddenly threw her arms around him, starting to cry. Heeseung sat on the edge of her bed, hugging her tightly to him.

"It's alright. You don't need to be scared. I'm right here," he whispered to her.

Heeseung rubbed her back gently to try and calm her down. Nefeli held on to him tightly, as tears rolling down her cheeks, making them stain again. She stared at a wall, sliding her fingers into the bottom of his hair. She continued to cry softly, burying her face into his shoulder. More of her tears soaked the fabric of his shirt. She sniffled, getting whiffs of his cologne. It was a comfort for her, on top of knowing he was alive.

Heeseung tightened his arms around her waist, holding her tightly. He could feel her heart banging against her chest and against his. She'd stopped making her noises, but he knew she was still crying. He moved one of his hands up to her head, running his fingers through her hair. He heard her sniffling quietly. He felt her fingers slowly let go of his hair, moving her hands to to the top of his back. She laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes. A couple of more tears rolled down her cheeks, but she had stopped crying. She breathed softly, sniffling again. Heeseung felt her grip the back of his shirt for a few seconds, before loosening her hold on the fabric. He took his hand from her head, putting it on her back again.

After another minute or so, the two of them finally pulled away from each other. Nefeli raised her hand, wiping her tears away, just before looking up at him. Heeseung rubbed his thumb over her cheek, wiping away a tear that she'd left behind. She noticed that he was staring down at her with those doe eyes of his. He moved his hand to her arm, giving her a gentle smile. She hiccuped, breaking the silence. That made him chuckle, which made her cheeks flush from embarrassment. She pouted and looked away from him, sniffling one last time.

"I heard what happened with the test. Taehyun said the doctor told him you had a bit of a breakdown when he was asking you about your nightmare."

Nefeli said nothing to his words. She just stared at the grossly colored hospital blanket. Heeseung frowned when she didn't respond. He moved so he could sit more comfortably on the bed with her.

"Does remembering what happened upset you that badly?" he asked softly.

He was trying to take it in baby steps. But, he also wanted to know she was okay. He waited for her to say something, but she still stayed silent. He sighed softly, putting a hand on her face, rubbing it gently.

"Are you going back to not talking?"

His question got a little reaction out of her. Nefeli looked up at him, her eyes still a bit red. She wiped away some stray tears from her face. The two of them stared at each other silently. After a moment, she finally shrugged, but still said nothing.

Heeseung started to take his hand away from her face, but she stopped him. Nefeli reached up and put her hands over his, keeping his hand on her face. He could feel something warm his heart for a moment. He watched as she closed her eyes and leaned into his touch, her cheek resting perfectly in his palm. Her fingers intertwined with his. He watched her turn some of her face into his hand, getting more whiffs of his cologne. Seeing her do that, made his chest tighten slightly.

Something about Nefeli was definitely making Heeseung feel something. But, he couldn't quite place what.