Chapter 54

Later on the same night, Nefeli was in her dorm. Heeseung had sneakily come with her, offering to help her with the homework they'd gotten in biology earlier. But, he sometimes got bored or distracted easily. Tonight was one of those nights. They had only been working for a few minutes, before he lost interest. He let out a frustrated sigh, reaching up and ruffling his hair out of frustration. He leaned back against his chair, looking up at the ceiling of the dorm. She looked over at him, smiling at his cute little actions.

"Come on, Hee. We have to get it done. Our professor doesn't like when we slack off," Nefeli told him.

"I know, but this sucks. I don't like it when he gives us homework on shit we haven't even learned yet," Heeseung mumbled, continuing to stare up at the ceiling.

"Alright, we'll take a small break. I'll get us a snack. Get our brains working again," she smiled.

Nefeli put down her pencil and got up from her chair. She was about to walk to her kitchen, when Heeseung got up as well and suddenly pushed her. She let out a cry as she fell to the floor from how rough he'd been. At first she felt a bit sad by his actions, until she realized why. She saw the way he was holding himself, which only meant one thing. It was her brother. As if on cue, her door swung open, revealing Jihoon outside. He looked pissed, seeing the two together.

"What the hell do you--"

"I thought I told you I wasn't interested in you. I don't take likings to humans. Just because I used to be nice to you, doesn't mean I was interested. I don't get involved with a species who should be a fucking food source. Stay away from me."

Nefeli stared up at Heeseung as he snapped down at her with a disgusted look on his face. Jihoon stared in surprise, his anger gone, now. Even though all of it was supposed to be for show, she still felt hurt by his words. She did understand he wanted to protect her, he wanted her safe. But, did he really have to call her disgusting?

"Well, this is very surprising. I didn't expect you to say such nasty things to her, Heeseung. Out of the others, you struck me as more of a weak pussy. I admit I was wrong," Jihoon laughed softly, seemingly very entertained by this.

Heeseung turned and walked away, passing her brother. But, not before saying one last thing.

"Of course you'd be wrong. I get sick at the mere idea of her being around me."