Chapter 35

A little bit of time had passed, before the others came back to the library. When they did, they saw that Nefeli and Sunghoon were sitting on the couch. She was staring ahead blankly, as he was trying to get her to eat. Seeing her like this, made the others worry.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Seonwoo asked, coming over quickly.

Sunghoon looked up at him and his other friends.

"She had a nightmare. She said that Jihoon found her and killed all of us. At the end, she said that she let him kill her because of us being dead," he explained with a frown.

He tried to give her a bowl of rice, but she didn't acknowledge it.

"And now she won't eat," he sighed, putting the bowl down.

After hearing the news of her nightmare, the others frowned. That sounded like a terrible nightmare.

"Hey."

Nefeli slowly raised her eyes, seeing that Taehyun had kneeled in front of her. She looked at him, but barely. He could see she'd been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy. Her cheeks were stained with tears and they were flushed. He put his hands on hers, making her flinch. Not from fear or out of distrust, but from her nightmare still fresh in her mind. Taehyun closed his hands over hers, his cold skin feeling like ice against her warm skin.

"You don't have to worry, okay? He won't find you. And even if he does, he won't kill us. We're not that easy to kill. I can promise you that," Taehyun said to her, his voice warm and inviting.

Nefeli stared at him, not saying anything. She didn't even acknowledge what he'd said. She just stared in silence. He frowned and looked over at Sunghoon, who shook his head.

"I don't know what's wrong. Maybe she's just in shock from the nightmare. I'm thinking about taking her to the nurse, just to be sure," he sighed, running a stressed hand through his hair.

"I'll do it. Just stay here and calm down. I'll take care of it," Taehyun said, getting to his feet.

"Are you sure? We wouldn't want to bother you. One of us can take her," Riki said, frowning and cutting in on the conversation.

"It's not a problem. She's our friend as well, now. Let us carry some of the load," Taehyun said, with a soft smile at the others.

After a moment, the others agreed to let him take Nefeli to the nurse. He looked at her, seeing she was still staring ahead. When he helped her to stand up, she allowed him to do so. He put an arm around her waist, so she could be supported. The others watched as Taehyun left the library with Nefeli, the doors closing behind them.

"Do you think she'll be okay?" Jay asked, a nervous look on his face. He was worried.

"She'll be fine. I think she's just in shock," Sunghoon sighed, putting the food tray aside, in case she'd want it later.