Chapter 55

Nefeli was sitting at the bottom of the bleachers, at the nightball field. She'd come outside to do her homework, as it was a really nice day. There was a nice breeze and it was a bit cloudy. Plus, it was the quietest, since nobody ever really came here. She stared down at her math test book, but she wasn't reading it. She was supposed to be studying three chapters for a test that was tomorrow. But, she couldn't focus. She was still thinking about the things Heeseung had said, when Jihoon had showed up. She really did understand he was doing it for show, to keep her safe. She knew that it was for the best, until Jihoon could be gotten rid of. But, she still felt hurt.

Heeseung had called her disgusting. He said that he felt sick at the thought of her touching him.

Did he really mean all of that, or was it just to throw off Jihoon? Nefeli didn't really know. She should know, but she didn't. And that was driving her crazy. She was beginning to have troubles with differentiating between what was real and what wasn't. She released a soft sigh, finally giving up on studying. She couldn't, not being this restless. She closed her textbook, putting it on the bench next to her. Her head was throbbing. She rubbed one of her temples, frowning.

"You look like you need a drink."

The sound of Yeonjun's voice made her look up. He came over and sat next to her on the bench, giving her a smile. She responded with a heavy laugh, a way of agreeing with him. She sighed, lowering her hand into her lap.

"Would you like to go get one? I know a really good place in town," Yeonjun offered.

Nefeli looked at him and smiled. He was so sweet. She was thankful her brother hadn't gotten to him and the others. Not yet. She was going to cherish every moment.

"Yes, please. I'd love to."

By the time Nefeli and Yeonjun had returned to Decelis, it was already pretty late. Luckily, there were no classes tonight, so they didn't have to worry about that. Nefeli walked down the long, empty, dark, hallway as she made her way back to her dorm. She was feeling a little bit of a buzz from the few drinks she'd had, but nothing too serious. Just enough to make her feel happier than she did earlier. She made it to her dorm, unlocking the door and going inside. She pushed the door shut behind her, sighing softly. She made sure it was locked, before dragging herself over to her bed. She kicked off her shoes and collapsed on to the mattress, her face landing into her pillow.

The second Nefeli's body met her bed, she passed out.