Chapter 11

The day had passed by pretty quickly. Nefeli had slept for most of it, due to her exhausting herself with her crying. She'd just finished slipping on her shoes and got up from her bed, grabbing her bag and coming out of her room. She looked up and saw that the others were waiting for her. When her door opened, they all looked over at her.

"Are you ready?" Riki asked her, sounding cold as usual.

Nefeli nodded, putting a notebook into her bag. All of them left their shared dorm, walking down the hallway. She was quiet, as the others spoke about what they wanted to eat for lunch.

"I'm in the mood for spicy ramen," Jay said, reaching up and putting his hands behind his head.

"Let's get tteokbokki instead. We haven't had that in a while," Jake suggested excitedly.

"You always want to eat that. Don't you get tired of eating it so much?" Jungwon asked, shaking his head.

"No! It's just so good, how can I get tired of it?" Jake said, smiling brightly.

"Let's just have something simple today. I think we should have jjangjjang myeon today. It's not too heavy and not too light. It will hold us over until dinner," Riki yawned as he stretched his arms over his head.

While they were talking about lunch, somebody put a gentle hand on Nefeli's back, making her come out of her thoughts. She looked up, to see that Sunghoon was smiling at her.

"What would you like for lunch? They can eat whatever they decide on. I'll let you pick what you want and I'll buy it for you," He offered with a smile.

Nefeli shook her head at his offer of buying it for her. She reached into her bag, pulling out her card. It was a student card to buy lunch on campus. He chuckled and gently pushed her hand down, making her frown in confusion.

"I'll buy it for you. It's my treat," he said.

She shook her head again, quickly raising her hand once more. This gesture made Sunghoon laugh softly. He gently took her wrist in his hand, smiling down at her.

"Just let me treat you, hm? After all, a girl deserves to be treated every now and then."

His words surprised her, making her stare up at him. They were almost to her class. Seeing this, made him smile more.

Sunghoon leaned down to her, since he was taller than her.

"I'm buying you lunch, whether you like it or not. And we'll eat it alone."

Nefeli stopped in front of her class, eyes wide at his words. She blinked a couple of times, looking up. She watched as the others walked away to their own classes. She saw Sunghoon look at her over his shoulder, giving her a wink and a smile. She saw those fangs again. He disappeared into his classroom, leaving her shocked.

Was she really just seeing things, or did he actually have fangs?

"Come on, let's go sit!" Jake said, startling her.

He grabbed her hand and gently pulled her into the classroom after him. Just like yesterday, he pulled her chair out for her. She sat down, putting her bag in her lap. She scooted her chair in, sighing.

Why did Sunghoon want to buy her lunch and eat alone with her? Maybe he was just being nice. Right?

 Right?