Chapter 65

Nefeli laid in her bed, staring up at her ceiling. She was slowly scratching her nail over the fabric of her blanket. She'd been unable to sleep. She could see the early morning rays of the sun pour in through her curtains. Some of them reflected on to the ceiling, looking like a beautiful rainbow prism. But, it didn't calm her down. She wasn't stressed or upset. She was quite the opposite. She was pretty calm and very relaxed. She just couldn't stop thinking about who she kissed at the dance, only a couple of hours ago. The thought wouldn't leave her head. She released a soft sigh, frowning. She stopped scratching her blanket, sitting up. She stared at the wall for a second, before finally getting out of bed. She slipped on her hoodie and left her dorm. She quietly made her way down the hallway, going in the direction of the school library. She knew it was dangerous, but she needed to try and find out who she'd kissed. She probably wouldn't get an answer, knowing how they'd act towards her. But, it was worth a shot.

When Nefeli arrived at the library, she reached out and began pushing open the doors. She would have gone in, had she not heard a bit of commotion going on inside. That made her stop. She frowned in confusion, thinking at first maybe that all of them were arguing. They did that a lot, she'd noticed. They even did it when she first met them. She leaned towards the door, peeking in through the crack she'd made, when pushing the doors open. She found out what was causing the fight. And it wasn't either of them that was arguing.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? I thought I told you to stay away from her!"

Jihoon's voice is what made her realize that it wasn't the boys fighting. Her eyes finally found him, just as he used his inhuman strength to slam one of them into the table. She didn't know who it was, until they spoke.

"Why are you angry at me? I didn't go near her," Jungwon snapped.

"Don't lie to me! I can smell her on you!" Jihoon shouted.

He slammed the younger male down against the surface of the table, his temper showing. He growled down into his face. Jungwon bared his teeth.

"I walked passed her at the dance and we bumped into each other. That's all it was," he said, trying to hold back his own temper.

What? Nefeli didn't bump into anyone. Why was he lying? Was he doing it to protect her? No, why would he? He hated her, so why lie?

"If all you did was bump into her, then why do you have a lipstick stain on your mouth? It smells like her. Why are you lying to me?" Jihoon snarled.

Nefeli widened her eyes, as she quickly realized everything, after brother had spoken those words. Oh, no. It couldn't have been... Could it? No, there was no way. He hated her, he would never let that happen. He'd shove her away. She lifted her eyes back to the both of them, still frowning in confusion.

Jungwon suddenly smirked up at her brother. "I kissed her. Is that what you want to hear? Because I did."

Nefeli had to cover her mouth so she could stifle a gasp. So, it was him. It was true. She refused to believe it at first. But, he'd just confirmed it. He was the one she'd kissed? But, why? She had thought he hated her. He made it clear he did, with how he'd treated her the other day.

"You little fucking bastard. I told you to stay away from her. How dare you?" Jihoon growled angrily. She watched her brother grab the younger male by the face, about to hurt him. But, he didn't get the chance.

"No!"

Nefeli let out a scream, running into the library, not giving two shits if it was stupid. She could care less. She wasn't about to let her brother hurt him. They both looked in her direction, equally surprised at her showing up. But, they got over it quickly.