Chapter 40

The sound of rapid beeping from the heart monitor, is what made Heeseung wake up. He'd fallen asleep, but he didn't remember when. He sat up quickly, looking over to see what was going on. Nefeli was seizuring in her bed, but she wasn't conscious. He got up quickly and held her down, so she wouldn't hurt herself. He looked around and found the emergency button, pushing it quickly. It didn't take long for the door to her room to open. The doctor hurried in and saw what was happening.

"What's going on? What happened?" he asked, helping to hold her down.

"I don't know. I was asleep and I woke up to her heart monitor going crazy," Heeseung said, panicking a little.

A nurse ran into the room and came over, getting the doctor's attention.

"Get me a sedative! Quickly!"

The nurse left the room to go get what she needed. Thankfully, the wait wasn't that long. The nurse came back with the proper dosage and used her upper body to once again hold Nefeli down. The doctor took the syringe and used his own body weight to hold down one of her arms long enough to pierce her skin with the needle. He administered the sedative and removed the needle, putting it down. Heeseung watched as it acted quickly, making Nefeli finally stop seizuring and go limp against the bed. Her heart monitor started to slowly return to a normal, steady beep. He sighed in relief, letting go of her.

The doctor looked over at the EEG, seeing that there were abnormal results from what had just happened. He released her, along with the nurse.

"We really need to find out what's going on and causing this. If this keeps happening, the worse it could be. We can't let this be prolonged."