Chapter 41

When Nefeli woke up again, she let out a soft noise. She stirred and turned her head slightly. She quickly lifted her hands, touching her neck. Thankfully, she found that she wasn't bleeding or injured in any way. When she realized this, she sighed softly in relief. That was a terrifying dream. Why did she have it? Was her brain trying to tell her something?

"You're awake. How are you feeling?"

A voice made her come out of her thoughts. She looked over and saw that Jungwon was coming into her hospital room. He closed the door behind him and walked over to her side. She watched him a bit confused. Her eyes wandered around the room as she tried to look for Heeseung. He seemed to notice this.

"Heeseung went back to Decelis. He needed to get some sleep. He's been so worried about you that he's not sleeping. I told him to go get some rest."

Jungwon pulled over the chair, sitting down in it. Nefeli watched him, a slight look of confusion still on her face. She was a bit out of it and could see that. He reached over, putting a hand on hers. She felt really exhausted and weak. She closed her eyes and turned her hand in his, lacing her fingers through his. He put his other hand over hers, enveloping it both of his. For the first time, she noticed that his skin was cold. This made her open her eyes and frown in confusion at this. She looked down at his hands holding hers. She stared at them, her face showing that she was questioning why his skin was cold. Jungwon noticed this.

"Nefeli. I have to speak to you. Me and the others haven't been honest with you about something and we've been hiding it from you."

She looked at him, frowning further. He sighed softly, gently squeezing her hand in both of hers. Jungwon took a deep breath, clearly hesitating on telling her whatever he was talking about. But, he finally got the courage to talk.

"We're all vampires."