Chapter 27

Jihoon came down the steps that led to the basement. He turned on the single bulbed light, revealing his sister. She wasn't looking very good. Which is exactly what he wanted. Her skin was sickly, the color draining from it day by day. She was getting more and more pale as each day passed. She weakly lifted her head as she heard him come down. He walked over to the table, smirking and debating on what method of torture to use this time. He looked over at her, met with a beautiful sight.

Nefeli's face was covered in cuts and bruises. She had a black eye, a busted lip, and a deep gash on one of her cheeks. Her neck was also littered in countless bruises and cuts. Blood stained her uniform, which would be ruined by the time he was done with her. Jihoon smirked and walked over to her, sighing. He reached out, brushing her brown hair out of her face. She flinched from his touch, as he then caressed her face.

"You're so beautiful, sister. You always were. Do you remember how guys would be enamored with you? I used to have to protect you, just walking to the store. Remember?"

Jihoon chuckled and bent down to her level. She was trembling. He could hear her heart pounding. He could also hear just how irregular it sounded. He chuckled at the sound.

"Oh, sister. Your heart is a bit weird. I wonder why that is?" he asked, tilting his head in faux concern.

Nefeli said nothing as she just sat there. He put his hand on her chest, where her heart was. He felt it beating against his palm.

"I wonder if I should tear it out. Put you out of your misery, since it will just kill you at some point. Should I do that for you?" Jihoon hummed, smirking and looked at her.

All his sister did, was remain silent. Tears rolled down her face. When he saw this, he grimaced. He took his hand away from her and straightened up.

"How disappointing," he mumbled.

Jihoon walked back over to the table, grabbing another knife. When she saw this, Nefeli whimpered quietly. He had since gagged her, because her screams had since annoyed him. But he kept it lose enough so he could still hear her screams a little bit. He walked over and put a hand on her face, caressing it softly. He pulled her head back, so she could look up at him. He gently tapped the blade against her side, smirking.

"Thos vampire guys are enamored with you, you know. Just like those human guys were. But, probably worse. Considering vampires have heightened senses and abilities. I can't wait to meet them, sister. I bet those friends of yours are absolutely amazing. Hm?"

Jihoon chuckled, before plunging the blade into her side. Nefeli screamed through the gag, some of it muffled. More tears flooded down her face. She felt her blood leak from the injury, soaking her shirt and jacket. She cried as the pain was horrible. She breathed heavily, gasping. Jihoon grabbed her hair violently, making her whimper.

"Scream out for them. Do it," he snapped, tearing off the gag and throwing it somewhere.

When she didn't, he stabbed her in the side again. Another scream left Nefeli's mouth. But, it wasn't any of their names. Not even for one. Jihoon growled and ripped the knife out of her side, throwing it to the concrete floor with a loud clatter.

"You useless whore! I'll get you to scream for them, even if I have to drag you outside so they can hear you!"

Jihoon kicked one of the chair legs, storming out of the basement. He slammed the door behind him, throwing the entire basement into complete silence.