Chapter 8

After that incident with Dan standing up for Phil he always looked out for him. They actually lived right next door to each other and their bedroom windows were across from each other so both boys would often glance out to see if the other was home or in his room. They weren't dating but they would see each other often, Phil felt comfortable around Dan he talked to him normally rather than quietly and shyly though sometimes he would get really shy. One thing both boys didn't have the courage to do was ask the other one out, both feared they'd get rejected although their meet ups started with them talking and ended with them making out, sometimes they would even just skip the talking part. It wasn't any secret what was going on either, everyone knew something was going on between them, people had seen them together and surprisingly Phil never freaked out or pushed Dan away when people would see.
Once during English class their teacher turned the lights off and made the class watch a movie and Dan leaned in closer to Phil so they can talk without having to speak up, which resulted into them kissing. They carried on for a bit but pulled away to the sound of their teacher clearing his throat when class was over. Dan intertwined their fingers and pulled him outside the school when the bell rang, pressing his lips back onto Phil's gently pushing him against the wall, Phil not caring who saw them wrapped his arms around Dan's neck and pulled him closer. They pulled away for air and the passionate kissing turned into sweet pecks. "Do you want to walk home together?" Dan asked between kisses. "My mom is picking me up today, her way of trying to spend more time with me. Maybe tomorrow?" Phil responded leaving soft kisses on Dan's lips. "Sure, maybe we could hang out for a bit too if that's okay with you?" Dan asked smiling. "Of course" Phil smiled pecking his lips again. "My mom's here.." He said getting shy all of a sudden, his cheeks turned pink "I'll see you later then." Dan pulled him back for one more kiss "Bye" he smiled kissing his cheek softly, Phil smiled back before heading towards the car. "So are you and Lester dating?" James asked walking up to his brother/best friend. "Call him Phil, and no I mean I don't think we are, I'm not sure" Dan sighed. "Mhm" James didn't personally have anything against Phil but saying that he was an easy target and he was friends with the guys who bully Phil he chose not to associate with him.
"Was that Daniel? The nice boy who lives next door?" His mother asked as soon Phil got into the car "are you two dating?" Phil could feel his cheeks turn pink "N-no we aren't dating" he said quickly. "I saw just saw you two kissing, Phil" she laughed. "We were just making out.. We aren't together.." He said quietly. "Oh scandalous" she winked laughing. His mom was really cool about him likiny guys but it was still weird talking to her about it. He looked out the window and noticed Dan smiling and waving, he smiled back and returned the wave.

"You're really smiley today, love" Dan pointed out staring at his husband through webcam. Its been a few months since he had last come home but they would talk whenever they'd have the opportunity. "I was just thinking about those few weeks when we started talking, you know before we started dating" Phil smiled. "You mean how we'd always be making out?" Dan laughed. "We talked and kissed through an entire movie during English class, the teacher awkwardly cleared his throat to tell us that class was over" he added in. "Yeah we were one those people who stopped in the middle of the hallway to make out." Dan laughed. "You two were impossible to separate, it was quite annoying" James added in, he was sitting with Dan cleaning up a cut on Dan's cheek as he was trained in medical and in first aid. "James you ass that stings!" Dan flinched "Stop whining like a baby I need to clean up the cut" he rolled his eyes. "Are you coming home to visit anytime soon?" Phil asked trying to divert his attention. "I don't think I can love, it's difficult to get time off you know that" Dan said sweetly, it broke his heart to see his husband upset every time he'd say he can't come home. "Oh.. I understand.." He sighed looking down. "I promise I'll try my best, okay love?" He asked, Phil smiled at him slightly and nodded. "Now get some sleep my love,its almost 4 am in London" He said, Phil was starting to feel really tired now though he didn't want to stop talking to Dan but his eyes were starting to close. "Okay, will you call again when you have the chance?" Phil asked yawning. "I will I promise, I love you" he smiled. "I love you too bear."

.
.
.
.
These cute flashbacks make me want to jump off a cliff because too cute! So yeah we're making flashbacks a thing!