Chapter 19

"Please take the hood off Dan." Phil begged. They were at the hospital now, James was with Rachel so they were sat in the waiting room waiting to hear the news about the baby. "No. I don't want people to stare at me, so I'd rather keep it on." Dan responded simply keeping his hood up and face down. "Look at me bear.." Phil said lifting his chin so he was looking at him "You don't need to hide from me or from anyone." He said gently stroking the unharmed cheek. "Its not about you Phil, its everyone else, they'll just stare and laugh or think I'm scary looking.." He sighed, tears filled his eyes but he tried holding them back. Phil leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to his lips "Well I think you look perfectly, fine.." He whispered. "B-but I'm going to have such a horrible scar on my cheek, at least m-my other ones will be hidden this one will be massive and horrible." He said, his voice starting to shake slightly, Phil silenced him with another kiss. "So? I think it'll just make you look brave, it'll be hot." Phil smiled kissing him once more. A small smile formed on Dan's lips as Phil pressed another kiss onto it "You always know how to make me feel better, even though I don't agree with the things you say." Dan smiled resting his head on Phil's shoulder kissing his neck. "But, is it okay if it's just us two at home for a couple of days? I-I just need a bit of time getting over all of this and I-I don't want to scare the kids.." He added in. "Yeah of course, that's completely okay." Phil assured him.

The two stayed in the waiting room still waiting for any news, Dan still had his hood on and had his head rested on Phil's shoulder. "Daniel?" A voice called from behind them, which belonged to his mother. She came walking up to them with his father who was holding Chloe, Joey and Jake behind her. Dan took a deep breath and stood up, he knew he couldn't avoid his parents and would have to face them soon. Phil kissed his cheek softly assuring him that everything will be okay, he went forward and got Chloe from Dan's father and then took Joey and Jake and sat down giving Dan some privacy with his parents. "Why is Dad wearing a hood? What happened to his face he has bandages it looks scary.." Joey said, Dan heard what he had said and just pulled his hood up more and walked to his parents. "Joey that's not nice. Your dad was very badly hurt and we are lucky that he's still alive, so I don't want to hear anything mean from you understand that?" Phil demanded, he was never a strict person but Dan was really sensitive right now. "I don't think he looks scary, I think he looks cool!" Jake added in.

Dan was terrified, his son thought he looked scary, he was terrified that his parents would be disgusted. He was surprised when his mother pulled him into a tight hug, his father joining in hugging them both. "We're so glad you're okay." She said sobbing slightly. Dan had to bend down slightly so she could kiss his forehead. "B-but my face..." He started. "It doesn't matter, all that matters to us is that you're safe. We love you no matter what." His dad assured him kissing his forehead. "Y-you don't think I look scary or disgusting?" Dan asked, tears falling down his cheeks. "Of course not Daniel, don't be ridiculous." His mother said wiping his tears away. "But Joey said I look scary, and people were staring.." He said looking down. "Joey is a child, he doesn't know and neither do those strangers." She said pulling him into another hug. "Is it okay if you watch the kids for a couple of days? I just don't want them seeing me like this right now, besides you two and James, Phil is the only person I want to be around.." Dan said. "Don't worry honey, we understand." His mother smiled. James came to the waiting room with a smile on his face "It's a girl. You all can come see her now." He said heading back and everyone followed. Dan was hesitant, Phil turned around and noticed him standing at the same spot. "Come on bear, don't you want to see her?" He asked walking up to him. "Y-yeah I do.." He said. Phil walked up to him and grabbed his hand with his free hand. Chloe started reaching for Dan and got fussy when he didn't instantly hold her. "She wants you, don't you want to hold her?" Phil asked. "I do, but are you sure that's a good idea?" Dan asked. Phil nodded handing Chloe over to him who instantly smiled as she was in her other dad's arms. "S-she isn't scared.." Dan said smiling slightly. "Why would she be silly, she knows you're still her daddy." Phil smiled kissing his cheek. The two then went into Rachel's room to seethe little baby. "Her name's Katherine." Rachel smiled holding the baby looking up at Dan and Phil smiling. She wasn't scared of Dan either which made him calm down a little more. He decided he wanted to go home and get some rest so James gave Phil the bag of medications and instructions on what he should do. "Just call me if you need me, it's pretty simple but let me know if you need anything."

"That stings.." Dan flinched slightly as Phil applied the medicine on his cheek. "Don't worry I just need to put the bandage on now." Phil said applying the bandage on. Phil then took Dan's shirt off and attended to the cuts and bruises carefully following all of James instructions. "I'm not hurting you am I?" Phil asked as he bandaged the deep cuts. Dan shook his head keeping his eyes on Phil to distract himself from the pain. He remembered how only a week ago he was devastated that he might have lost Phil forever, he wished he would've listened to what he had to say rather than jumping to conclusions. When Phil was down they both went to bed and cuddled close to each other, he was careful not to hurt Dan. Their legs tangled, Dan keeping as close to Phil as he could. "I'll be home for a while.. I'm just going to be a bother.." He sighed. "Don't say that, I'm glad you're home, you can finally rest and we get more time together." Phil whispered pressing soft kisses to his forehead and lips. He needed to think of a way to help Dan feel comfortable and confident again. He wanted him to be his happy and cheerful self, he knew this will be hard but he wasn't going to give up on him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N: super super sorry for the late update!! Was busy the entire weekend and I've been sick since Tuesday. I will update How Did We Get There tomorrow! And please check out our other fic which is called Starting Over. :)