Chapter 11

"Wake up Bear, its 11 pm." Phil whispered stroking Dan's hair. Dan groaned pulling the blanket up but kept his head out as he enjoyed his hair being stroked. "Its Jake's birthday today his party is in the afternoon, remember?" Phil leaned down and gently placed a kiss on Dan's forehead which made him open his eyes slowly. "Yeah I remember" he yawned before pulling Phil down for a quick kiss. "Now get up and get ready, we don't want to be late" Phil smiled pecking his lip once more.
"Dan! Can you come here for a minute?" Phil called out from Chloe's room later that afternoon. "Yes love?" Phil was struggling trying to get Chloe ready, she was in a playful mood and wouldn't stay still. "Help me please?" he asked pouting making Dan laugh. "You need to stop giving your dad a hard time princess" Dan smiled tickling her tummy making her giggle. "She's very playful and energetic that's for sure" Phil laughed. Dan held her as Phil got her cute little dress on her, it took them a few minutes as she kept moving and thought they were playing with her. "There, done. Now don't you look beautiful" Phil cooed as Dan handed the baby over to him. He took out his camera and started filming "Here's little baby Chloe all ready for her cousins birthday" Dan narrated "Smile at everyone in the camera princess" Chloe reached out and tried grabbing the camera from her dad's hand almost knocking it out "No baby girl, be careful" Dan laughed moving the camera back from her. "And there's my little boy, don't you look handsome" Joey came into the room to see what was taking his parents so long "I'm not a little boy, dad" he laughed. Dan reached down and picked the boy up in his free arm facing the camera towards them up "Yes you are, you're my little baby boy" Dan cooed jokingly tickling Joey with his nose. One thing Dan liked to do was vlog, he loved capturing moments and saving memories, he says they're too precious to be forgotten. People watch his vlogs when he posts them online, those people are his supporters. A year before he joined the military he played for a professional football team they saw him playing in school and wanted him, Phil was completely supportive of all this. But Dan wasn't happy.

"I can't do this anymore.." He had enough, he loved playing with a professional team its what he wanted but he was unhappy. His team and manager told him that if he wanted to stay on the team he'd have to pretend to be straight and pretend to date a cheerleader. He had enough he couldn't do that to his husband anymore, he didn't like lying to anyone and most important lying about who he loves. "I can't lie anymore" he sighed, all eyes on him, they had a press conference and Dan had finally had enough. "I love playing for a professional team but I can't lie anymore." His teammates looked over at him knowing what's to happen next. "I'm not dating some cheerleader, I'm married to someone who I love very much" he started. "Wait. Aren't you 19?" A journalist asked. "Yes I am, I've been married to a man for about a year, his name is Phil Lester and I love him so much" silence fell across the room, his teammates looked mad, but he didn't care. "Why did you lie about your sexuality?" Someone asked. "My teammates and manager made me, but I can't do that anymore. I love my husband too much and I'm not going to play for a team who can't accept me. I'm sorry'

His supporters and the press were on his side but he still quit, after everything he couldn't go back to that team.

"I love it so much, thank you!" Jake hugged his uncles after seeing the present. He liked football like Dan did so he got him a jersey made which had his name on it. "Did you two get that for him?" James asked looking at the Jersey. "Yeah" Dan nodded smiling at his nephew who was so amazed. "Uncle Dan,do you think you could help me with football practice?" Jake asked. "Of course I'd love to do that, maybe after the party you can show me what you know." Dan smiled. Joey was never into football, of course Dan wished he was but Joey loved art and he supported him.
"Oh hey love, don't forget I'm taking you to a nice dinner tomorrow for our anniversary" Dan whispered softly kissing his husbands cheek. "I can't wait."