Chapter 18

"Why won't he take the hood off? I've already seen what happened to him." Phil asked James. He and Dan reached home a few hours ago, Dan was wearing a hoodie and kept his face hidden even though it was wrapped in bandages. "He doesn't want anyone staring at him, he got really self-conscious, I told him he doesn't need to hide but he won't listen. That's why I got the kids staying at my parents place." James explained. Chloe was the only child who was at home, the other kids were at their grandparents, Dan was afraid that he would scare him. "I tried talking to him, but he doesn't want to talk.." Phil sighed. "I need to go get medicines for him and his wounds and Im going to take Rachel for a check up. I'll be back in two hours. Just try again, I know he wants you around." James said patting Phil's shoulder before leaving.

Phil looked at the time and remembered that Dan hadn't eaten anything since he got back. He went into the kitchen and made lunch for him. "Dan? Can I come in?" Phil asked knocking on the room door. "Wouldn't you rather be with someone else?" He asked coldly. "Come on you need to listen to me, you have to let me explain to you what really happened.." Phil sighed going into the room and setting the tray down on the bedside table sitting on the edge of the bed. "I brought you lunch, eat and I'll explain what happened" Phil said gesturing towards the tray. "I'm not hungry.." Dan said looking away, Phil knew that he was only saying that because he was still upset. "Dan you need to understand that I would never intentionally hurt you like that. Not after everything we've been through together." He assured him. "Then why? Why did you cheat on me? Why did you go to that party with him?" Dan asked tears filling his eyes. "It was a party for the staff at the university, I was upset and had too much to drink and Greg is the one to blame, he wanted to get me drunk and I honestly don't remember what happened. He took advantage of me Dan, I never wanted that.." Phil said trying to hold his tears back holding Dan's hand squeezing it gently. "I told him that I never want to see him again, I really am sorry Bear. I never meant for any of this to happen." Phil wipped his tears away, Dan didn't say anything he just looked at Phil with a worried expression. "T-thats all, I'll leave you alone now.." He said quietly, he was going to get up but Dan grabbed his arm and pulled him back down again. "No.. Don't leave me" Dan whispered. Phil shifted closer to him and Dan grabbed onto him and pulled him even closer sobbing into his chest. "Don't ever leave me please Phil." He sobbed as Phil wrapped his arms around him. "I'd never do that Bear, I won't ever leave you.." Phil whispered pressing a soft kiss on his forehead. He took the tray from the bed side and sat up "Now eat something please?" He asked and Dan nodded.

After he ate they both cuddled close together talking and sharing sweet kisses, Dan finally put his hood down but still felt a little self-conscious. "I've missed you so much, I felt like a part of me died when I thought you didn't love me anymore.." Dan whispered while leaving soft kisses on Phil's lips. "I'll always love you, nothing will ever change that." Phil assured him pulling him close. Dan innocently kissed and gently and innocently bit along his jaw and down his neck, Phil let out a sigh of pleasure. "If I wasn't injured the circumstances would be a whole lot different." Dan said laughing slightly before returning back to his lips. They broke apart to the sound of their daughter crying, Phil got up and made his way to her room and picked her up. "It's okay baby I'm here." He whispered kissing her forehead, she stopped crying instantly and grabbed Phil's shirt. He took her and made his way to his room "N-no I don't want to scare her.." Dan said trying to hide his face. Phil pulled his hood back down and sat back down with Dan. To Dan's surprise Chloe reached for him "Do you want to go to daddy, sweetie?" Phil asked and she continued reaching for him pouting. Dan hesitated at first but then took her in his arms and held her close to him. He finally felt safe and at home. Phil got up when the phone rang,it was James who sounded out of breath. "Phil I need you to bring Dan to the hospital I have his medication but Rachel is having the baby now!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N: I'm half asleep while typing this zzzzzz. I have a three day weekend so I will try to update asap!