1.3

I took a step back and looked down. Papa crossed his arms and stared at Derek in anger. I could see him fuming and I was scared that he might not tell Derek something.

"Papa this is Derek, Derek this is my father." I introduced them.

"Hello, Mr Greyson," Derek said and held out his hand. Papa only nodded making me groan inwardly.

"Oh," Derek muttered and awkwardly took back his hand. He looked between the two of us not knowing what to do.

"Alana, its time you get inside," Papa said sternly. I nodded weakly and looked over at Derek and gave him a small wave.

"See you tomorrow Derek," I said.

He smiled.

"Yeah, see you at school. Bye Lana."

"It's Alana for you." Papa interrupted. Derek's eyes went wide and then back to how they were. I'm sure he was petrified.

"Oh, s-sorry. Bye Alana." He said and speed walked to his car.

I sighed and turned towards my maker.

"What?" I asked as he stared at me.

"Get inside." He ordered and I walked behind him.

I shut the door and sat beside him on the sofa.

"Who was he?"

"Derek Peters. He is in my school."

"What were you doing with him?"

"We were just at the park Papa, nothing happened," I stated and huffed.

"You do realise that I am allowed to be insecure about my daughter after the incident with Eric."

"I know Papa, but he isn't that kind of a guy."

"And how do you know that? I'm sure you must have thought that Eric wouldn't have hurt you."

He was right. I hadn't expected Eric to do anything of that sort. But that doesn't mean that Derek will hurt me too. I mean he understood when I told him I couldn't date him. He was considerate enough to let me go.

"I know, but Derek won't hurt me."

"I don't trust any boy around you except Niall," Papa said.

"You trust Niall more than me." I pouted.

"Well, he is responsible," Papa stated.

"That's completely rude. I'm happy Maura loves me more than Niall." I huffed making Papa chuckle.

"Tell me once again what we're you doing with him?"

"We were at that the park downtown."

"What were you'll doing there?" He asked making me start feeling nervous.

"That, I will not tell you." I smiled.

"You know you will have to tell me young lady so don't play these games." He said and he was right. I don't want to fight with my father over something so petty.

"Derek had asked me out," I said looking at Papa. His eyes were dark and his face expressionless. He motioned me to go on.

"I don't want to date anyone as of now, so I told him to meet me at the park where I rejected his offer." Papa breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What are you smiling for? You were shocked to know that I was single some time back." I asked Papa.

"I am a father, what do you expect me to do? Even if you turn 30 you are still going to be my baby girl." He said and soothed my hair. I smiled. He pulled me close to him and I snuggled into his warm chest.