Can't Believe I Am Late-2

Your song calmed me, it calls me; can't believe I am late.

A great mess
A single wreck
The long held silence
The promised violence
A clever move
Will decide,
checkmate or
A silver spoon.

 ♤》***********《♤

These soldiers are annoying.

This was the first thought which came to Wei Wuxian's mind as he watched another man fall down.
Suibian sang in his hand as he leaped, dodging another falling body.
Chenqing was at his side but for now, the corpses were in control and the feel of his sword in his hand was not something Wei Wuxian wanted to stop feeling anytime soon. At least until he absolutely needed to.

His 'undead army', as one would call it had taken care of the entry gate and the reinforcement that came and was now sweeping the palace's floor; clearing the way while Wei Wuxian tried to get a good look. The place was ridiculously huge.

Seriously, the imperial rule was quite lax.

Cutting through the mass of armours and weapons, Wei Wuxian ran his eyes around the place. He was standing in what appeared to be an open courtyard, which in itself could have swallowed half of the Cloud Recesses.

He jumped on one of the roofs, looking at the mass of limbs tearing at each other and snorted.

The undead army indeed. The only time he does something the cultivation world feared him for is when the person who hated his methods the most is in danger. The irony.

'Lan Wangji ah Lan Wangji, if only you could see me now.' He sighed before feeling goosebumps on his skin. Without a second thought, he whipped out a talisman and jumped, throwing the marked paper behind him.
An explosion had him leave the roofs and touch the ground, and Wei Wuxian clicked his tongue.

"Ah, what a coward. I am getting bored now, dianxia; how about showing yourself and fighting me like a true royal?"

No answer came except more arrows; Wei Wuxian smirked.

"Uh—uh. Wrong answer."

A red glint was all the warning the soldiers got before a bone-chilling tune filled the air. Both living and dead stopped in their tracks, the thunder a war clap. Wisps of black smoke—translucent and obscure danced in air,  whispering and taunting the hearts; waiting for their master's command to create havoc; to kill, to destroy.
To carve fear in each heart that still beat in the body; to mark each mind with a permanent image of death so true they would never dare look at anything sharp.

It wanted blood, so did it's master.

Screams of faceless people filled the atmosphere as the earlier quiet palace was bathed in blood. As another corpse was discarded, Wei Wuxian saw a resentful being, a deformed creature which was mostly smoke.A Yao? A demon? Perhaps something twisted. Because from what he could see, the creature was brimming with resentment and was too warped to hold onto a proper shape except its middle which looked kind of like....an armour? Wei Wuxian wasn't sure.

But what was such a resentful being doing here, out in the open, in the middle of crowd? Also, it appeared to be controlled because no way a Yao or demon would hold back from attacking when in the presence of so many humans.

"Interesting." Wei Wuxian whistled, and the deformed yao turned towards him, advancing with a sharp cry.

 *****