19

{1

{1.9}

"Bright Ideas"

***

Stiles wrapped his arms around Ollie and hugged him tight.

 Ollie felt the sudden urge to burst into tears, but refused to. Instead, he just held on tightly to Stiles and leaned his head onto his shoulder, inhaling deeply to try and calm his heartbeat. Stiles had dragged him into the bathroom to try and avoid him literally killing someone, and Ollie pulled away to turn and walk to the opposite end of the small room.

"Fuck this!" He yelled, hitting his fist against the hard walls, wincing and pulling away. He leaned his arms against the wall, and then his face in his arms; groaning and struggling to take deep breaths. Ollie hated this feeling, and was encapsulated by an odd sense of deja-vu as he remembered all of the fights he used to get in when he first moved to Beacon Hills. 

 That was how he met Stiles. The thought made his eyebrows furrow, but it was true. He hadn't fought him - but the boy had managed to talk their old principal out of giving him detention. Ollie brushed his fingers against his sore knuckles, and gasped in surprise when a hazy vision overcame his senses.

Alas, his mind was too jumbled for it to make much sense. It was a flash of multiple images; the kanima, the full moon, Jackson, and a flash - as if taken by a camera. That was when Ollie was tugged back into the present by Stiles - who grabbed onto his shoulders and shook them lightly. 

 "Stop freaking out!" He ordered, wrapping his arms around his stomach and squeezing tightly. Ollie coughed, patting the boy's back. 

 "Stiles - I can't - breathe."

 "That's the point," Stiles only hugged him more aggressively, his words partially distorted by the fabric of Ollie's hoodie. "It's like when I have really bad anxiety, being hugged helps slow your heartrate."

 Ollie's face was turning red, "is that scientifically proven."

 He let him go, and Ollie inhaled deeply. Stiles fixated him with a look, raising an eyebrow. "Did it work?" 

 Ollie rubbed his chest, surprisingly feeling more connected to his body than he did five minutes ago. He inhaled deeply, pursing his lips and nodding softly. "Yeah, I actually think it did."

"Good. Now come here, bozo-" Stiles patted the sink, and Ollie shuffled over, jumping up so he could sit on top of the small counter, Stiles grabbing a paper towel and wetting it under the faucet. He walked over, stepping between Ollie's legs and grabbing his hair, gently pulling his head down. Stiles snorted, "you really are an idiot, you know that, right?" 

 Ollie pulled a face as Stiles cleaned the blood from his face, "he deserved it." 

 "Uh, yeah, obviously," he rolled his eyes, "Jackson - okay - Jackson is an asshole. Quite possibly the biggest asshole to ever walk the face of this earth. Perhaps even the biggest asshole to be thought up of in all of asshole history-"