Chapter 19

Atid and Aroon just returned from the jet skiing trip. They hardly spoke a word on their way back to the hotel. As they entered the room, Aroon went to take a bath while Atid sat in their room lost in his thoughts. Atid's could not forget how Aroon looked earlier today. He just wanted to take him into his arms and kiss him breathless. But Aroon's silence was haunting him. May be he was feeling awkward after their earlier interaction. Atid didn't want to lose Aroon as a friend. So he decided to keep his feelings within his heart and not make Aroon feel uncomfortable.

Meanwhile Aroon was not doing much better than Atid. His heart was beating so fast thinking about that moment when Atid almost kissed him. He wondered if they would have kissed each other if the guide hadn't interrupted them. He looked at himself in the mirror. His hair is wet and water droplets are running down his face from his wet hair. One of the water droplet clung on to his lips and sparkled as light fell on it. His face turn red as Atid's words echo in his ears.

Aroon: Do I look... No, I shouldn't be thinking about that. I am sure it was just a mistake. He just had a lapse for a moment. I am sure he didn't mean it. I need to stop thinking all these nonsense. I cannot afford to get my heart broken. I cannot lose Atid again.

Aroon quickly changes into fresh clothes and walks out of the bathroom. He saw Atid standing at the sliding door and looking outside. He seem to lost in his thought.

Aroon: Atid

Atid: Hmm

Aroon: You can take bath now.

Atid: Hmm

Atid takes his towel and walks past him without looking at him. After some time he comes out and takes his laptop from the table. He then walks out of the room. Aroon looks at him in silence unable to understand what is going on in his mind. 10 minutes later he heard someone ring the doorbell and then Atid comes into the room.

Atid: Dinner is here. You can eat and go to bed. I have some important work to do.

Aroon: Hmm

Aroon have his dinner while Atid is still looking at his laptop. After dinner Aroon goes back to the room to sleep.

It's been an hour since Aroon has been lying on the bed with closed eyes but sleep was nowhere in sight. He took his phone and started going through the photos. As he was scrolling through the gallery, one of the photos caught his attention. It was a photo they took when they went out for lunch together for the first time after being friends.

Aroon: We look so happy in this photo

Aroon: We look so happy in this photo. But now..

He felt a tear drop from his eyes. He quickly wipes it and closes his eyes.

Aroon: I promised, I will not fall for you. But I have fallen so hard that I cannot even sleep without you. What am I going to do when you no longer want me in your life? How will I live without you in my life?

Aroon looks at the empty space next to him and more tears start falling from his eyes.

Meanwhile in the living room:

Atid had to try hard to concentrate on his laptop while Aroon had his dinner next to him. He could feel Aroon's eyes on him but ignored him because of his awkwardness. Aroon left for the bedroom after dinner but Atid's eyes were still stuck on the photo on his laptop that he has been staring at for last 30 minutes.

 Aroon left for the bedroom after dinner but Atid's eyes were still stuck on the photo on his laptop that he has been staring at for last 30 minutes

Atid: How can I tell my heart not to fall in love with you when you smile like this? My heart is no longer mine Aroon, it just beats for you. I am no longer in control of my feelings. How will I act as your friend when all I want is to call you mine. Eventhough you belong to me, you are not mine.

As he was talking to himself, he felt someone staring at him. He looked up to find Aroon standing at the door looking at him. His eyes were swollen as if he hardly slept. They both stared at each other for a few seconds and then Atid got up and walked towards Aroon. He sweeped him off his feet and carried him into the bedroom without saying a word. He put him on the bed and then laid down next to him. Atid opened his arms and Aroon just moved into his arms and laid his head on his chest. As Atid secured his body within his arms, Aroon closed his eyes and went into deep slumber with a smile on his face. His heart and mind finally found peace in Atid's secure arms.