Chapter 16. She is my wife

"Amelia, mum is here" Called Yaya and Altagracia and Amelia emerged from the backyard.

Altagracia was surprised not to see her run towards her mother and hug her. Instead, she looked at little sad to leave. Altagracia wore a bikini under her dressing gown and was about to go swimming with Amelia when her mother came.

"Go pack your stuffs, we are leaving baby" She said and Amelia obediently went upstairs. Just then, Elijah left his study room and came downstairs to see his daughter off.

"Oh Nadia" He said as if he was surprised to see her. Altagracia didn't miss the way she exposed her cleavage by leaning towards him.

"I wanted to talk about Amelia" She said and Elijah smiled before looking at Altagracia with a fake loving gaze.

He pulled her to his side and placed a kiss on the side of her head.

"Nadia, this is Altagracia, my lovely wife, and Altagracia, this is Nadia, Amelia's mother" He said and the breath of Nadia hitched.

She had introduced herself as Elijah's fiancee to his wife, she felt really stupid but smiled nonetheless.

"Yeah, great to meet you Altagracia. We still need to speak, Elijah" She said and Elijah smiled.

"Altagracia and I are one, you can speak when she is there, I don't have anything to hide from her" He said and she smiled awkwardly.

"Amelia is growing in a unfavourable condition. Her parents do not even live in the same house. I mean, it could be better if we were together for Amelia's sake. She needs a home with two parents" She said. Everyone present knew she was trying to use her daughter as a pawn to live inside Elijah's house and maybe seduce him.

"You're right. Why don't stay with Amelia each for a week and later ask her where she is more comfortable." He asked with a smile.

"But... I"

"Don't forget I left her with you because she needed nursing and you are supposed to give her back on her fifth birthday, which is soon. With the proofs I have, I can send you to prison for a long time" He said coldly and Amelia came downstairs with her little bag. She greeted everyone and Altagracia could see the unshed tears in her eyes.

She crouched to her level and hugged her.

"Before you know it, another weekend will come. Did you ever go to an amusement park?"

"No Alta"

"I too. What about next weekend we go discover it for the first time?"

"Really?" Her small blue eyes lit up.

"Yeah. But for that you'll have to go with mummy so that the week will pass very quickly." She smiled widely at Altagracia and hugged her.

"Okay"

"Be good too, okay?"

"Yes Alta, goodbye everybody"

After the both left silence filled the whole place and Altagracia shifted away from him as if he had burned her.

"I'm going to swim." Altagracia informed and walked outside. Elijah went back to his study room to sort out a few documents for the next day and decided to go breathe some fresh air on the balcony. Of course, it was just an excuse to see Altagracia swimming.

The later was emerging from the water, her hazel hair pushed backward and her bikini showing so much skin. He felt a certain part of him hardening, but he wiped his nasty thoughts clear from his head when he remembered she was a woman many had seen naked.

Feeling observed, she lifted her gaze to see her husband with his heated stare on her. She pushed herself out of the water and grabbed a towel before hollering at him.

"Pervert, stop staring!" She said snapping him out of his daze.

He just stared at her in disgust as though she was some dirt or no, excrement left by a dog on a sunny day, before retreating inside.

Her cheeks burned in embarrassment as she couldn't help but curse him in her head. He had just spoiled her fun.

Killjoy

She went back to their room and showered before slipping into bed. Elijah joined her a few minutes later when she was already fast asleep. He laid at his usual position and noticed she always slept curled up in a foetal position.

Just when he was about to turn off the lights, he heard her muttering stuffs under her breath.

"No per favor" He forehead was drenched in cold sweat. Her face twisted in horror as she continued muttering in Spanish.

He cursed under his breath.

'Above all the languages I speak perfectly, why did you have to choose Spanish?'

"Don't please" She begged and continued changing her postures finally turning towards him with a aggrieved expression on her face. Soon, tears started to trickle down her cheeks.

"Wake up"

"Orlando, no"

'Orlando?'

"Woman, Altagracia!" He called loudly and she woke up startled, examining her surroundings before holding back her tears.

"Why are you calling me all of a sudden, what's wrong with you?" She asked annoyed and he was surprised by her sudden change in expression. A few seconds ago she was panicking, but now...

"You had a nightmare, who is Orlando?" He asked and noticed how her expression change again when she turned away her back facing him.

"I don't know what you're talking about, turn off the lights please" She said and turned her back facing him as she let a silent tear roll down her cheek.

*******

Three weeks had passed since Sunday where Amelia left. She caught a flu and since she was a little fragile, she was forced to stay in the hospital till she was fully healed and they just postponed the amusement park day.

On the other hand, Feather Co. was rising faster than expected. The employees worked hard and sometimes, Altagracia had to stay till very late at night to complete some tasks with Ms. Hutton.

Elijah was really surprised to hear that some companies who ceased cooperation with the Feather Co seemed to be walking back. Not only that, but Altagracia had managed to pay some loans taken at the different banks.

The Hales didn't bother saving the company because it was created by his father, when he was still alive. Due to his poor management, the company was at the verge of bankruptcy. And though his father was a good-for-nothing as his grandfather always said, the company initially had a great potential and it had an emotional link to Elijah, since it was his father only company.

So when he heard Altagracia would be in charge of it, he doubted She was capable of managing it. But not only did she manage it well, but seeing it's rapid progress, it would be counted among the best companies in about a year or two.

He grabbed his phone and dialed the number of his private investigator.

"I want you to search deeper in my wife's life. By the way, check the authenticity of that video" He ordered coldly.