52 | "I Never Give Up"

Izana watched the brief stare-down between Kakucho and Takemichi. "What are you doing, Kakucho? Take him down, already."

"No... he won't." Takemichi started. "Kaku-chan won't win against me. He looks like he doesn't have enough determination."

Kisaki sighed, bringing out a gun and walking past Kakucho. "So you have it Takemichi? That 'I won't lose even if I die' kind of determination?"

A gun wasn't a common thing in these kinds of gang fights, so when Kisaki suddenly brought one out, it was certainly unforeseen. "A.. gun?" Even Tenjiku was in shock. With the gun held at Takemichi's forehead, the future was looking grim for many.

Many, but not all.

"Kisaki." Takemichi held his gaze right at Kisaki, his body not trembling, and while he wasn't standing tall, he was certainly standing firm. "What's holding you back?"

A gunshot sounded through the air, but Takemichi didn't fall.

"A gunshot to the foot won't kill me!" Takemichi grinned, almost like he didn't feel any pain. And maybe he didn't. A gunshot to the foot, a punch to the face, blood dripping down his face from all the hits he had taken, none of it could compare to the kind of pain he'd already been through.

Hina, Naoto, Baji, Chifuyu, Akkun, Mitsuya, Emma, Draken, Mikey, you, the list could go on. The list of his reasons to keep going. That list was the very thing that made him stand up over and over again.

And today wasn't the day when he wouldn't.

"I don't have charisma like Mikey. And I'm not smart like Y/N or Naoto. Nor am I adept like Koko-kun. And I don't have a body like Mucho. I'm not strong in fights like Draken. That's why I believe in one thing that I'm good at!"

I leave Baji-san's will and Toman to you, partner.

Take care of Mikey for me

All my life... I have been suffering

Our crybaby hero

I don't want someone so precious to die with me

Toman.. I'm leaving them to you

If I were to change one thing, I'd kill Kisaki

Please.. take care of my gang

"I never give up! Even if I die, I'll never give up!"

Kisaki raised his gun again. "I'll kill you." Takemichi pressed his forehead against the gun. "Do it. It shouldn't be hard, right? You tried to kill Emma-chan and hit Y/N-chan so it should be easy enough."

After a few seconds, Kisaki lowered his gun and instead punched Takemichi across his face.

But Akkun took Takemichi's arm and lifted it over his shoulder. "What's wrong? Giving up isn't in your dictionary, is it?" Peh-yan walked forward as well. "'As long as I'm here, Toman will never lose?' You're still weak!"

"Even though you're weak, you're very inspiring." Angry stood up as well. Then Hakkai. Then Inui. What can they say? They're just following their leader.

"I'll definitely get you for killing Baji-san. But, this whole thing is just a mere kids fight, not a killing spree. We all just want to look cool with willpower and glory. We fight head on because we don't know our own strengths. And that's why we fight with our fists! Fighting for the things we believe and our burdens!"

Everything was this intense game until someone spoke up. At the end of the day, they were just kids punching around for the heck of it. But, like hell they'd let themselves lose.