77 | Mirrors

"Mom!" You burst through the front door, seeing the tipped over furniture and broken mirror in the hallway. For a moment, it felt as if something had hit you on the back of the head but you knew that no one was behind you.

These were your visions.

"Whoa there." Your father ordered one of his subordinates, Jay, to bring you where you wanted to go while he dealt with business. He held your shoulder before you could dash in. "There may still be people in here."

You stared at him for a moment. "No. There isn't. Let's go."

"How would you know?"

"I simply do."

The fact that you come from the future have you some sort of danger sense. When something bad happens, whether it be to someone or caused by someone, you know.

It developed a year before.

It didn't help you. Ever. It just made you more afraid of... everything.

You saw your reflection in the broken mirror, seeing its frame cracked at the bottom from falling onto the table beneath it. The cracks separated different angles of your reflection. Some sections showed your eyes, or your cheek, your chin.

You walked further in and poked your head into the kitchen. No one. Then into the washroom. No one.

"If you're so sure that no one's here," Jay began, holding the handle of his gun on his belt. "maybe that means your mom isn't either."

You walked into the living room and still saw a teacup and saucer on the coffee table. Your hand grazed the teacup and you nodded. "You're right. No one's here. It's cold."

"What does cold tea have to do with anything?"

"Cold tea means no one has touch it in a while. And since no one has touched it in a while, that would mean that no one's here. Common sense, dude." You poked your head out the window and saw that the car was still in the driveway.

When you went outside, you saw the broken rear view mirror and the bullet holes at the car's handle and front wheel.

You frowned. "An attempt at leaving?"

"Looks like someone reached for the handle but got shot away."

"Mhm." You hummed, your arms crossed in thought. "But where could my mom be if she didn't drive?"

There was a chill down your spine and you stepped out of the way, the car window being shattered by a bullet.

A bullet from Jay's belt.

"What the hell was that for?!"

Then it hit you. "You're not with my father, are you?"

"Oh, I am. Just not emotionally."

"Quite poetic of you." You jump onto the car and jump down, your sole landing on his face and pushing him into the bushes of the neighbour's lawn.

You grabbed his gun the moment his grip loosened. A moment was taken to contemplate whether you should aim it at him or toss it but you ultimately decided to run into the house with it in your hand.

You took the phone and held it to your ear.

"Hey, Ryoko-san? Is my mom with you? No? Okay, can you come to my house? There's an issue."

Jay came inside, you hung up the phone and dashed up the stairs.

"Tora!"

Tora came hopping out of your room and leaped off the top of the steps, his claws out.