Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ Eɴᴅɪɴɢ

⊱ ────── ஓ๑ ▣︎ ๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Y/n stared at the person in front of him. His mouth was slightly agape as he tried to say words, but nothing came out. He combed a hand through his hair as his brain just couldn't comprehend what to say to the person in front of him.

"I..." Y/n could only stutter, "B-Bertholdt..."

Bertholdt was covering his face with his hands to try and contain the blush that was spreading across his cheeks and the tip of his ears. Never in his life have he felt this nervous before. He almost didn't want to be here but there's no turning back now.

"I-I love you, Y/n," Bertholdt repeated, stuttering as he looked away, "I-I want to spend my whole life with you. I know that I'm not the best with words... and I know that I may not be the best person out there, but I really want to be your partner."

Y/n closed his mouth as his eyes softened at the nervous Bertholdt in front of him, "Bertholdt?"

Bertholdt kept his face in his hands as he didn't want to see what kind of expression Y/n was making, "I know I'm not the best-looking like Levi or Annie. I know that I'm not strong and courageous like Reiner or Erwin. I know... I know that I'm just... me... But please, Y/n, I just want one chance...?"

Bertholdt stopped talking when he felt a pair of hands over his own. He looked up slightly from his palms and saw that Y/n was now closer to him. He shut his eyes as his blush reddens. He could feel his heartbeat quicken after seeing Y/n with such care and promise in his eyes.

"You know..." Y/n started as he caressed Bertholdt's face, "You're so silly, Bertholdt."

"Huh...?" Bertholdt questions as he peeked his eyes opened.

Y/n smiled as he gave Bertholdt a soft and caring hug, "I don't know where your thoughts come from, but I will tell you this, you being yourself, is a blessing to have. I could never be happier to have someone as kind, sweet, and companionate as you are, Bertholdt."

Bertholdt could feel small tears prick his eyes as he leaned into Y/n's touch, "But... I'm such a coward... I cry too easily. I can't even take action quick enough. There just seems to be so many other options out there that I'm just... nothing but a speck. Wouldn't you like someone else whose... better?"

Y/n let out a small chuckle as he lightly kissed Bertholdt's nose, "Who said I would want someone else? You're here, are you not?" He brought Bertholdt close to him as he looked into those pale green, almost grey, eyes, "I think I'm lucky to have someone like you. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful person by my side. I'm so, so lucky to have fallen in love with you."

Bertholdt's eyes shined and widened. His blush seemed to get bigger, if that was even possible, as he smiled so much that it reached his eyes. He let out a chuckle as he picked up Y/n by his waist and spun him around.

Y/n laughed at Bertholdt's excitement as he was being spun around. He wrapped his arms around Bertholdt, holding on to him for dear life. He was then put down as a hand guided his face to look up at Bertholdt.

"I love you!" Bertholdt cried out in joy, "I love you so, so much!!"

Y/n laughed as he cupped Bertholdt's face, "I love you too," He said, "I'm so lucky to have fallen in love with you."

With those words being said again, Bertholdt couldn't help but lighten up. He gave Y/n the goofiest, biggest smile he had ever done as he kissed Y/n. Y/n, although was shocked at first, kissed back. He let out a small chuckle to which Bertholdt chuckled too.

Bertholdt loves Y/n so much, and he made sure that Y/n knew it. Y/n knew that he was so fortunate to have Bertholdt in his life, and him telling Bertholdt that makes his heart swell up in joy. The two loves each other so much, they couldn't help it.

⊱ ────── ஓ๑ ▣︎ ๑ஓ ────── ⊰
716