Chapter 25 - November 28 2015

I was waiting in line with my mom and brother Kan so we can get our Disneyland tickets, then...I smelled funnel cake.

"Mmm I smell funnel cake" I said smiling.

"If you want some Kyoko, you can go get some. I'll give you money" said my mom. I smiled and nodded my head, then she took out 5 dollars and handed it to me.

I thanked my mom then left the line. I was walking around looking for the funnel cake booth then I saw a familiar face. It looked like Kai's little brother Ichiro. That couldn't be him he looks so different...well it has been almost 3 or 2 years since I have last seen him. I looked the other way and found my way to the Funnel cake booth.

I went to the line and I waited there for awhile then I noticed there was a guy in front of me who was really tall, but he looked familiar. Then turned his face to the left for a bit then...my eyes widen and my cheeks turned red. It was Kai. 8th grade Kai. I turned around and crossed my arms praying Kai wouldn't turn around and say-

"Kyoko? Kyoko Yoshioka?"

I looked down at my feet and made a frown. "Who's...Kyoko...Yoshioka..." I said in a quiet shy voice.

Kai put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around but I did bother looking up to him. That's good...now punch him in the face!

"K-Kyoko..." Kai said forming a smile. "It's you Kyoko Yoshioka!"

"...yeah..."

Then I felt arms around me and someone's chin on my head. "I've missed you so much" Kai said. I pushed him away and left the line looking down, then someone grabbed my hand but I pulled back.

"Are you okay?" Kai questioned. I nodded my head avoiding eye contact like I did with Hiro the first time I met him.

"Listen I don't have much time but remember that last time I said I had to tell you something important. Well I the thing I was going to tell you is that I...I like you Kyoko and I would like you to-"

"No" I said with my head down.

"But I thought you like me?" Kai said with the look on his face disappearing into a sadder face.

"No. I liked you. Then your mom decided not to call us ever again. Then we grew apart. I met someone else Kai. Someone that opened my eyes and showed me that...I deserve someone better than you"

"But Kyoko, I lo-"

"My heart...belongs to Hiro Kita! And I am proud to call him my boyfriend" I said finally making eye contact and smiling. Kai looked down and frowned, I gave him a hug for a sec then let go.

"It was nice seeing you Kai and I hope we can still be friends" I said with a smile. I turned around and walked off without saying another word.

When I started liking Kai I was put in a deep sleep and at that time I didn't want to be waken from that sleep. Then Hiro woke me up and showed me so much things that I was too stupid to realize, that's one reason why I love Hiro. Because he helped showed me who I really belong with. I hope our relationship last a long time, I hope it last until the end of the school year. I know it will last. Because promised me...

But Kyoko...did Hiro mean his promise?