Chapter 1- November 18 2012

I was laying on the dirt, with scrapes on my face, arms, and legs. On top of that I was crying and I was heart broken because my 4th boyfriend was not the person I fell in love with.

"Why are you doing this! What did I ever do for you to treat me this way!" I screamed.

He did not answer and just punched me in the stomach...again.

"I was an idiot. An idiot for asking you out" he said.

Something hit me. I felt a change. I screamed, stood up to my feet, clunched my fist, then I ran to him pinned him to the wall and I-

"Kyoko" I heard my mother say. I quickly opened my eyes and I saw my mother next to my bed. It was a dream. Well...flashback.

"Time to get up, remember we are going to the Endo's house for dinner tonight" said my mom as she was folding my clothes.

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that" I replied as I sat up in my bed.

"I will give you 8 minutes to get ready" she told me, then left my room and closed my door.

I thought what I was wearing was okay. I was wearing my blue V-neck shirt, with my skinny jeans, and my maroon Vans. When I look at myself in the mirror my hair was so messed up. I grabbed my brush and brushed my long dark brown hair until it was perfect. I just had to look perfect. Well I had to look perfect for Kai. I met Kai in 1st grade and I started liking him in the 4th, and now I am in the 6th.

I went downstairs then to the garage where my mom, dad, and little brother were waiting in the car.

"What took you so long Kyoko" said my 9 year old brother brother Kan.

"Why do you care" I replied then I put on my seatbelt. Kan rolled his eyes and said nothing.

Before I knew it we were at the Endo's house. I stepped out of the car and saw Mr. Endo outside in the garage. He greeted us, then we went inside where Mrs. Endo was preparing dinner. She gave me a hug and so did Kai's little brother and sister. I looked up and right next to me was Kai.

He smiled to me and said "Hi"

I kept looking at him until I finally smiled back and said "Hello" I was blushing a lot. Every time I look at Kai heat rises up to my face and I look like a tomato...

I was inside with my mom and Mrs. Endo for awhile, until I decided to go outside with Kai and his siblings. They were all by a near by park, my brother was talking to Kai's brother and sister, and Kai was trying to look "cool" like always.

Kai's brother saw me walk through the gate and he smiled, then he turned over to Kai who was staring at me and smiled to him. He looked over to me again and said "Hey Kai look it's your girlfriend. Remember earlier you were telling me how much you love her"

I began to blush like crazy and so did Kai.

"Uhhh....what? I never said that. Quit lying" said Kai as he blushed harder. He looked up to me to see my reaction. Kai was obviously lying, I could see it in his eyes...and his right eye twitches a bit when he lies to me.

I was speechless but also very thrilled. I looked to him and smiled. After that we talked the rest of time I was there. We were talking and laughing about the past and the future, he told me about his friends and his new school, after we ate it was time for me to go which kinda sucked.

As I was walking out the door someone put there hand on my shoulder "Kyoko" said Kai. I turned to him, then he said "Bye" and he winked at me with his cheeks a little bit pink.

That night I could not sleep. I was so thrilled and happy that the guy I have been liking for almost 3 years liked me back. Everyday I remembered that day and it always puts a smile on my face. I also promised myself that I would make Kai mine one day, no matter what happens. And besides at that time there was no one at my school that I liked anyway and there was no one at my school that likes me...I think...