Chapter 14

Bring me to him

You entered the ballroom holding Jayden's hand, and you quickly got blinded by the lights on the ceiling, flickering some vivid red, yellow, green and blue colours.

Jayden led you to the center of the crowded room, where people were dancing all together, not with a particular rhythm.

"May I have this dance?" he asked, your fingers intertwined with his. With his question, you couldn't help but think about Gaster.

I'm worried for him...I don't understand. I feel like I've done something wrong, but I can't tell what.

Oh whatever Y/N, dance and have some fun!, you thought, so you smiled to your dance partner and nodded. After hearing your consent, he smiled back, and he grabbed you by your waist with one hand, and the other one holding your gloved hand.

You observed him, and noticed that he looked exactly like Gaster: taller than you, slim, and overall, his body made you feel safe. Gaster was better though.

"Wow, you dance so well! Have you ever danced before?" he asked, not knowing he hit a spot.

The question shocked you for a second, remembering the events of five years before, and for a moment, you felt panic in your heart. But, you quickly shook your head and gained back your smile, trying not to show any fear or anything else.

"Yeah, I used to dance when I was in university" you said looking into his green eyes.

"Oh yeah? Did your school use to organise parties like this?" he asked, seemingly curious in your life, as he made you twirl around him dancing.

"Yeah, in certain weekends they used to prepare the gym as a ballroom, but mostly all people about to graduate used to go there"

"And did you use to go there even as a freshman?" he asked.

"Well, against my will mostly. I was always dragged there, but simply because I didn't like crowded places at all"

His eyes widened as you said this, as if he got worried for you now that you were in a crowded place.

"Oh please, don't misunderstand! That was what I thought when I was in university, I changed my mind about it" you said reassuring him.

Luckily, he got convinced from your speech, and smiled back, holding tightly your waist.

"I'm so happy...I can't believe I'm here, dancing with someone like you. I hope we can meet even after this day"

You felt slightly moved by this, and smiled.

"Of course, you are nice and pleasant to be around" you said as the music stopped, and everyone started clapping and cheering. Both you and Jayden looked into your eyes, and started giggling.

"May I offer you something to drink or to eat?" he asked gently.

"Sure, I was actually about to ask you the same thing" you said as you grabbed his arm, and he conducted you towards the banquet.

It was full of every type of drinks, from wine to normal beverages.

The sight of alcohol though brought you back bad memories.

"Y/N, are you okay? You've been staring at the bottle of wine for at least a while now" Jayden asked, bringing you back to reality.

You blinked your eyes for a while, and then shook your head to reassure him.

"No, I'm fine, you don't have to worry" you said with a smile.

He smiled back and put an arm around your shoulders.