Chapter 17

Liar

One month after

You entered your office, grumpy as always. Well, that's not totally true. You have been grumpy and angry only for the last month after all.

Your subordinates kept observing you as you directed towards your office. Ever since you came back from Gaster's office, they always hid from you, afraid that you could kill them. No, it wasn't because you killed three people, luckily they didn't even know it, but because your death glares had intensified, and you had become more commanding. No one dared to say a word, afraid that they could accidentally make you fire them.

You entered your office slamming the door, closing it behind you, only to sit down on the chair with violence.

You groaned in anger and frustration as you started going through some documents on your desk. Luckily they weren't on anything Gaster-related...

Oh how you wanted to put your hands around his neck.

The single thought about that man...made you angry. It felt like an injustice. It first started with sadness, which then changed into anger. You swore not to think about him, but did you succeed? Haha, exactly, no.

Why would he stop- you started thinking, but your thoughts were broken by someone knocking on the door.

"Come in!" you said with an angry tone as you automathically made a death glare, preparing to welcome like that whoever was at the door.

The little scientist monster who had spoken badly to Gaster about you 5 months before appeared slowly from the door as they opened it. They were literally shaking. Poor thing, you could even say, but in that moment all your thoughts were focused on being angry with that skeleton.

"Yes? What is it?" you asked, authoritative as ever, especially with them.

"D-doctor...t-there's someone for you...I told her that you were busy and that you wouldn't accept any visitors, but she wouldn't listen...I'm so sorry!"

And with that, they ran away from your office, leaving this mysterious woman to enter.

Toriel.

You actually got surprised seeing her there, entering your office with a calm look on her brown eyes. Your death glare vanished: you could never look at her with that look, but still, even though you cared about her, you still didn't want to confront anyone.

You sighed and looked away.

"Toriel, I do hope you realise that I'm working" you said, trying to make her go away, even though you would have regretted it later.

"Yeah well, I do hope as well that you know that I am technically in my working hours as well and that I came here only for you, dear, when I should be working. We need to talk" she said, almost as if she prepared that answer, predicting that you would have said "hi" that way.

And in fact, you felt worse after that answer. She cared for you, but in that moment, the only thing you could think about was...yourself.

You kept looking away, now feeling like a bunch of shameful and angry bones and meat.

"Would you please look at me Y/N?" Toriel said, calling you.

You sighed, and slowly looked at her. She had a steady look in her eyes, like she wanted to get to the point of the situation.