Chapter 31

The kids flew to Orange and met the Wiggles near the woods.

"Did you get here alright?" said Murray kissing Sam.

"Yeah, we're good" said Calvin.

"Where are Batman and Robin? We thought they'd be with you" said Jeff.

"We, uh, had a little problem with Robin" said Sam.

"It's the gas from the Penguin isn't it?" said Anthony. 

"Yeah. You guys thought it was normal, but... that gas drugged Robin and got him pregnant" said Sam.

"The Penguin got Robin pregnant?" said Greg.

"He can't do that!" said Jeff.

"Apparently he can" said Charles Wallace.

"Have you guys found any sign of Catwoman?" said Calvin.

"Not a trace. But we did hear rustling in these woods. That's why we waited for you here" said Murray.

"Let's get to it" said Sam.

She ran into the woods to search.

"Cat tracks. She's been here" she said.

The guys followed the tracks until they came to a wooden door that was open.

"That's the doorway to Alice Cook's basement" said Charles Wallace.

"Please tell me Catwoman hasn't gone near my grandmumma" said Murray.

"I sure as heck hope not, Muzz" said Sam.

They entered the basement and climbed the stairs to Alice Cook's kitchen.

Alice was there and she was surprised to see the guys.

"Oh! Murray! You gave me a fright there, angel cake" she said.

"We didn't mean to, Grandmumma" said Murray.

"Alice, we're on a very important case" said Calvin.

"Yeah. By any chance, have you seen a woman in a skin-tight black and gold outfit? Wears cat ears with it?" said Charles Wallace.

"I believe I have. I thought I was having hallucinations from my age" said Alice.

"Well, you weren't. That hallucination of yours was Catwoman. She's one of the worst outlaws ever" said Sam.

"Oh! Goodness!" Alice gasped.

"Where did you see her?" said Calvin.

"Upstairs" said Alice.

The kids went upstairs and faced Catwoman at Alice's jewelry box.

"Catwoman!" they said in unison.

"Why, the Three Warriors. Must you?" said Catwoman.

"I'm afraid we must. We're sworn to protect our surroundings at all costs" said Calvin.

"Oh... teenagers should be seen and not heard. And you know how I feel about you, Calvin. You handsome red-hot warrior boy" said Catwoman flirtatiously. 

"I'm afraid I can't accept those feelings. They're unacceptable because you know how I feel about you" said Calvin.

"I suppose" said Catwoman.

She dropped her sneeze-bomb making the Warriors sneeze while she escaped. 

The kids got out of the room and got some air.

"Did you guys see her steal anything?" said Sam.

"No. But she got away" said Calvin.

"On the plus side, we know the villains aren't setting up shop in Alice's basement" said Charles Wallace.

"How do you know that? The door was open" said Calvin.

"Because if they were, they'd have made off with her cakes" said Charles Wallace.

"Oh yeah. Good point. We'll need to search more towns before we jump to conclusions" said Sam.

"Let's get to it" said Calvin.