Chapter 34

"He's gone" said Murray.

"Oh nuts!" Sam snapped.

"Sam, what are we going to do? The Riddler implied that Robin will be killed" said Murray.

"Not if we have anything to do with it" said Sam.

At home, Alice was taking care of Robin.

"Drugging a boy like you. The nerve!" she said after hearing the story.

"Yeah. I'm really worried, ma'am. My belly has really been hurting and I can't get out there and fight" said Robin.

"Now don't lose your head, Robin. I'll have you on your feet in no time" said Alice.

"I hope so. I'm really worried about your grandson. The Wiggles have never faced those villains before and they're extremely dangerous" said Robin.

"I believe it, dear. I'm terrified for them too" said Alice.

"I think Batman and I should go out there" said Robin.

"Robin. You cannot even speak without getting nauseous" said Alice.

"But this is my job" said Robin sitting up.

Then he regretted sitting up as his stomach rumbled nauseously.

"Oh..." Robin groaned. 

"There there. Lay quiet now. Now you see how harmful being active is to your health at this state" said Alice.

"Maybe you're right" said Robin.

"I know I'm right, child" said Alice.

She approached Batman in the other room.

"Well?" said Batman.

"His pregnancy is quite difficult, Batman. I'm afraid you'll have to fight crime without him for the time being" said Alice.

Batman approached Robin.

"Robin. Old chum, Ms Alice said you can't fight crime like this" said Batman.

"I know, Batman. But I can't let the kids do this alone" said Robin.

"Steady, Robin. It's lucky that we're the Dynamic Duo. While you're in traction, I'm in action" said Batman.

"Thank goodness for you, Batman" said Robin.

"Now get some rest, chum. Ms Alice will be here for you" said Batman.

Robin laid back and closed his eyes. 

"Alice, do you know if he'll ever be able to fight crime?" said Batman.

"I'm afraid not, Batman. This pregnancy of his seems quite stressful. He may need to stay off his feet for the most of it" said Alice.

"I hope not. In the meantime, I must go find the kids" said Batman.

"Good luck" said Alice.