Chapter 41

"That was fun, Aunt Harriet" said Charles Wallace.

"I'm glad you approve, kids" said Aunt Harriet.

Calvin stared with a straight face.

"Calvin? Are you alright?" said Aunt Harriet.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, ma'am" said Calvin.

He turned to the other two and said "Huddle up, Warriors. I have an idea".

The kids faced each other and whispered the plan.

"Aunt Harriet said that this magic could save a life if we wanted it to" said Calvin.

"Yeah..." said Sam.

"So, maybe... if we used magic on Robin while he's in labor..." Calvin began.

"He'll live" said Charles Wallace.

"Bingo!" said Calvin.

"You are BRILLIANT, Calvin" said Sam.

"However... if we break it to Aunt Harriet, I doubt Robin's true identity and career will be safe" said Calvin.

"Don't worry. I know how to ask her" said Sam.

"What are you whispering about?" said Aunt Harriet.

"Oh, nothing for you to worry about, Aunt Harriet. Just our Warrior job. Business as usual" said Calvin.

"And we were just wondering if we could borrow some of your magic in case we need it during the war" said Sam.

"Oh, of course! If anything can end this war, it's any kind of magic" said Aunt Harriet.

"You bet. This is a heck of a good magic. Thanks a lot, madam" said Charles Wallace.

In Wigglehouse, after taking a nap, Robin felt a little better.

He rubbed his belly and stared at it.

"My baby... while I'm alive, I should tell you that I loved you since the moment I found out about you. You'll be alright as long as I have you" he said to his unborn baby.

Then he sighed and said "I wish I could be here for you when you come. But the spell I'm under is making me so sick. I don't even know anymore if you'll know me when you're older. I just want you to know that even though you started as a villainous distraction... I've always loved you"

At that moment, Batman came in and approached his incapacitated sidekick.

"Feeling any better, old chum?" he said.

"A little bit, Batman. I just wish there was some way to save me" said Robin.

"I do too. I just don't know how I'd ever be able to fight crime without you" said Batman.

"Me. You're the Caped Crusader. I'm just the sidekick" said Robin.

"You're more than a sidekick, Robin. You're clever, you're strong, you're an amazing friend. You're everything a crimefighter needs in his sidekick" said Batman.

The Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder shook hands and smiled.